Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Stop Press: Yahoo! Lounge Calendar Replacement

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Stop Press: Yahoo! Lounge Calendar Replacement

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2005, 2:17 am

Programs: BA Gold, BD Gold, PC Ambassador, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by flyclub
Absolutely, my lips are sealed....although I do feel a downgrade could happen in the next few days..... .......(surprised anyone noticed! )
OK, but how do you get Premier? How many sectors do you have to fly? What is the Tier Point level you have to achieve? I'm in charge of a £1,435.67 travel budget this year, do I qualify?
Old Sep 26, 2005, 5:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Perhaps i'll devise some sort of "calendar usage executive club" and award tier status based on the amount of photos/lounges you contribute!
Old Sep 26, 2005, 5:45 am

Programs: A3 *G, BA Silver
Excellent! I'm signing up and putting my flights in now.
Old Sep 26, 2005, 5:55 am

Programs: Still a lowly Blue with BA but inching towards Bronze. Managed to get to KLM Silver!
There seems to be a slight formatting issue:-

VALUES(NULL,'Gaza','MCT','LHR',3627,'2006-4-11 00:05','BA','Y','72','10J',Null,'Y','777','')
I am seeing this between the top banner and "Add flight to your log"

Very good work.
Old Sep 26, 2005, 8:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Amazing how many of us have flights booked months and months in advance.

I can see already that I will miss Gaza by a few hours on 4th April.

And I seem to have the flight furthest away at the moment - 1st August. Any advances on 1st August?
Old Sep 26, 2005, 8:27 am

Programs: Mucci Reperateur des Coeurs Brises
I see some people have been post-dating flights. I was shocked when I started clicking on random FT names to find some people had flown 154000 miles since the calendar's inception!
Old Sep 26, 2005, 8:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SchmeckFlyer
I see some people have been post-dating flights. I was shocked when I started clicking on random FT names to find some people had flown 154000 miles since the calendar's inception!
Is this in case any of us travel back in time and want to meet in CDG T-1 or SVO ?
Old Sep 26, 2005, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA LTG + GGL, SPG LTP, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by SchmeckFlyer
I decided I'd spend some time sticking in everything I've done in 2005 to see the total nice and easily...to be fair, the profile does say the date of the first flight so it's not "cheating" Great feature!

I don't have the time/energy to go back beyond Jan 2005...so big credit to flyclub who seems to have added years of his travels during testing! ^

Phil
Old Sep 26, 2005, 9:02 am

Programs: BA GGL, Concorde Room card, KLM Silver, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, UA Premier Silver
Originally Posted by GBOAC
I decided I'd spend some time sticking in everything I've done in 2005 to see the total nice and easily...to be fair, the profile does say the date of the first flight so it's not "cheating" Great feature!

I don't have the time/energy to go back beyond Jan 2005...so big credit to flyclub who seems to have added years of his travels during testing! ^

Phil
It has been 'testing' for a few months so I added to it over several weeks. However it did take a few weekends to initially track and add everything from the last three years.

I tend to hoard everything so spent ages going through all my old boarding card stubs and diaries. I think back as far as 2002 (when I was 22) was as sufficiently detailed that I could manage!

The more eagle eyed amongst you will probably notice a distinctive switch from KLM to BA/Oneworld...
Old Sep 26, 2005, 9:47 am

Programs: BA Gold, BD Gold, PC Ambassador, SPG Gold
I've got all my previous flights (going back to 2002) in an Excel spreadsheet. Because I'm a lazy git, I wonder if I email them to Paul, whether there's an easy way he can upload them into the database??
Old Sep 26, 2005, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
And for mine the flights have been held elsewhere for the best part of a year and were easily migrated onto the new system
Old Sep 26, 2005, 4:58 pm

Programs: BA, Hilton Honors
This is excellent and seems to work fine with Safari ^ Time to dig out those old boarding passes . . . .
Old Sep 27, 2005, 5:54 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
When booking a flight from an airport where there is no lounge entered, I get garbage on the right hand side of the page.

However when I add the lounge, it all comes right again.
Old Sep 27, 2005, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Can I just add, thanks to all those who have currently added lounges to the database. My contribution to the site was adding the first bunch, pictures etc so thought I'd chip a couple of quick snippets to help the process along.

1) If you are adding a lounge whereby any OW Sapphire or Emerald can enter then you only need to add the OW Sapphire or Emerald as seen in the red box here. There is no need to also add the individual status's from the blue box. Exceptions are Open Doors which I have found to include BA Golds, BA Premiers and CX Diamonds for their own business class lounges.

However, If you are adding a lounge where not all OW Sapphires and Emeralds are granted acces (for example an AA Admirals Club) then you do not add the generic 'OW Sapphire' or Emerald tabs but have to add each of the OW Sapphire and Emeralds apart from the excluded airline!

2) For airports where First and Business Class lounges for the same airline occur (eg. Heathrow Terminal 4, Sydney) then don't forget to allow OW Emeralds and First Class passengers access to Business Class lounges too

3) Please check to make sure the lounge you are about to add isn't already on the system.

4) If you have a photo it'll be greatfully received Adds to the overall 'sexiness' of the calendar

Thanks
Fraser
Old Sep 27, 2005, 1:03 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by fbgdavidson
4) If you have a photo it'll be greatfully received Adds to the overall 'sexiness' of the calendarFraser

I have a few glamour shots of me in my BA uniform larking about with some of the lovely ladies in the LGW Terraces Lounge.

Not sure if that's what you meant!?!

B

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.