Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Stop Press: Yahoo! Lounge Calendar Replacement

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Stop Press: Yahoo! Lounge Calendar Replacement

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2006, 12:37 pm

Programs: Amex, Avis, BA, BD, CX, FS, Hertz, HH, IC, LH, NH, RC, RCCL, Sixt, SPG, SQ, UA
Who are the three Premier members ?
Old Mar 16, 2006, 12:42 pm

Programs: Amex, Avis, BA, BD, CX, FS, Hertz, HH, IC, LH, NH, RC, RCCL, Sixt, SPG, SQ, UA
Ah, I saw sqfan. Premier, though he/she has only a few flights listed, mainly in Y.
Old Mar 16, 2006, 12:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Don't bother looking very hard for the others
Old Mar 27, 2006, 3:33 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by Moomba
BA97 - I love the new stats on the front page. Or have I just not seen them before?

Of all miles posted 44.3 % are in Y and 42.4 % are in J.

My aren't we a bunch of tarts

Come on guys and gals we only need a few more J bookings to out do those Y fellows.

Have you figured out what your percentage of the total miles is?
We've gotten less tarty

10.6% First, 40.2% Business, 0.3% Concorde, 2.7% Premium Economy, 46.3% Economy
Old Apr 14, 2006, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
For those of us with Amex Platinum and Centurion chargecards I have added these to the calendar. In addition to Priority Pass the cards themselves can get access to BD Lounges and Centurion can get access to the VS Clubhouses.

I am going away this weekend but shall add the bits that allow access for these cards when I return on Sunday evening. In the meantime feel free to add them to your profile.

PS. American Express is right at the bottom of the list of 'airlines' where you modify your profile.

PPS. If the cards themselves give access to any other lounges please let me know

Last edited by Fraser; Apr 14, 2006 at 10:50 am
Old Apr 29, 2006, 11:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Congratulations, one and all - we're now >20,000,000 miles stored in the calendar.

Unfortunately the 'tart' factor is declining - Y is edging its way toward 50% of travel whereas J has just crept beneath 40% Perhaps new users should have to demonstrate their preference for premium cabins before being allowed to register?
Old Apr 29, 2006, 1:44 pm

There are a few Centurion Lounges, e.g. at EZE, Mexico City, etc.

I signed up as well with a little premium travel. Sadly not enough premium travel for BA97's great calender, totally my opinion, I need to fly more in C and F.

BA97, I suggest you make some advertisement on the LH board. Many LH flyers like it, just are not that sure if they should use it since other LH flyers may not use it or are to lazy to put in all flights. The value of your site depends on the number of flyers from one region or who prefer one airline/alliance.
Old Apr 29, 2006, 4:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flamboyant 1
BA97, I suggest you make some advertisement on the LH board. Many LH flyers like it, just are not that sure if they should use it since other LH flyers may not use it or are to lazy to put in all flights. The value of your site depends on the number of flyers from one region or who prefer one airline/alliance.
I tried marketing it on the UA & AA forums but they seemed to keen to proceed with their own Yahoo based calendars that we ruled out because it was too much work...
Old Apr 29, 2006, 4:39 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Originally Posted by Fraser
I tried marketing it on the UA & AA forums but they seemed to keen to proceed with their own Yahoo based calendars that we ruled out because it was too much work...
And we wonder why the disparate authorities cannot get their acts together and agree on a universal ATC system
Old Apr 29, 2006, 4:43 pm
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Originally Posted by Fraser
The real reason might have been that they didn't want to get colonized once again.
Old Apr 30, 2006, 2:50 am

Probably AJ is right. They want to stay independent. But honestly, as someone flying mainly Star Alliance, I must say the BA97 Calender is fantastic ^^^.
Old Apr 30, 2006, 3:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by flamboyant 1
OK, I posted an thread over there giving folks a little information about the calendar. Looks like we might be able to teach the EU a thing or two about European co-operation!
Old Apr 30, 2006, 4:05 am

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
We've gotten less tarty
But F travel has gone up 0.1%
Old Apr 30, 2006, 8:38 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum 1MM, AC SE*100k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Few questions on website

I have updated my travels, but a few questions on the website:

(1) Does the filter by region work? does it only work for PC? I have a mac and selecting the filter doesnt seem to do anything... I mainly travel in South Africa and Canada, and would like to see who's traveling in these countries.
(2) I tried adding my Air Canada Elite status, but it doesnt show up... I've also tried uploading an image of both AC card and the SAA Voyager card and no success.. Is it because i am using a mac?
Old Apr 30, 2006, 9:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ACfly
(2) I tried adding my Air Canada Elite status, but it doesnt show up... I've also tried uploading an image of both AC card and the SAA Voyager card and no success.. Is it because i am using a mac?
Send me the file and I'll upload the image. I'm on a Mac but it may only be possible for admin folk (like moi) to be able to add the images. YGPM with my email address.

As for the regions, it doesn't work so well on Mac with me either.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.