Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Stop Press: Yahoo! Lounge Calendar Replacement

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Stop Press: Yahoo! Lounge Calendar Replacement

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2006, 9:30 am

Programs: AA 2MM - PLT, BA GGL, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by BA97
Particularly important if you have a high "Tart rating" (see above)!
Well I was feeling bored earlier and decided to bring the Tart factor down to earth. I was going to enter all my Y flights back and forth across the pond when I was consulting over there for 3 years.
I was foiled in my attempts as I don't have the flight numbers recorded in my spreadheet. Just the date and origin / destination airports.
Old Jan 29, 2006, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Originally Posted by Moomba
Well I was feeling bored earlier and decided to bring the Tart factor down to earth. I was going to enter all my Y flights back and forth across the pond when I was consulting over there for 3 years.
I was foiled in my attempts as I don't have the flight numbers recorded in my spreadheet. Just the date and origin / destination airports.
You can just enter AAXXXX / BAXXXX. Or just leave that blank.
Old Jan 29, 2006, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by Fraser
You can just enter AAXXXX / BAXXXX. Or just leave that blank.
That field has some edit check on it stopping me from leaving it blank. I could just use dummy number I suppose.
Old Jan 29, 2006, 12:52 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
I just use airline code and "xxxx".
Old Jan 29, 2006, 1:25 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Moomba, its your first weekend at home in yonks - please tell me your not spending it backdating your flight log
Old Jan 29, 2006, 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by GregM
Moomba, its your first weekend at home in yonks - please tell me your not spending it backdating your flight log
No much more fun stuff like, washing, cleaning the bathroom, vacuuming, grocery shopping etc.

Oh and my second favourite passion. Cooking! ^
Old Jan 30, 2006, 5:17 am

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by BA97
Indeed, Kiwi Flyer, you feature prominently in this, the first BAFTA-rivalling "ba97 calendar awards 2006":

Most miles recorded: Kiwi Flyer (821,430 miles)
Most sectors recorded: Rambuster (524 sectors)
Oldest sector recorded: TMC (LHR-CPT on 7th Feb 1999)
Shortest average sector distance*: chris1979 (284 miles)
Longest average sector distance*: Tits McGhee (3317 miles)

I've got the fifth highest total. Interesting to note that the top five flyers account for 3 million of the 12.5 million miles flown!

(* where number of sectors > 10)
Should we be putting all our past flights into the calendar? I've only entered in flights since September 2005 when I joined FT, but I have a spreadhseet with all flights since 1987. In addition, if we should be putting past flights in, how should I record all my skydives? Origin = Headcorn, Kent, UK (doesn't have a 3 letter code), destination = erm, the ground?

Lewis
Old Jan 30, 2006, 5:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by More Champagne Sir?
Should we be putting all our past flights into the calendar? I've only entered in flights since September 2005 when I joined FT, but I have a spreadhseet with all flights since 1987.
Depends if you want to compete for a prize or not

In addition, if we should be putting past flights in, how should I record all my skydives? Origin = Headcorn, Kent, UK (doesn't have a 3 letter code), destination = erm, the ground?
Someone had a similar question about round-trip sightseeing flights to Antarctica. I suggest you miss out non-commercial flights to nowhere!
Old Jan 30, 2006, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Should we be putting all our past flights into the calendar? I've only entered in flights since September 2005 when I joined FT, but I have a spreadhseet with all flights since 1987. In addition, if we should be putting past flights in, how should I record all my skydives? Origin = Headcorn, Kent, UK (doesn't have a 3 letter code), destination = erm, the ground?
Well the drop down year box only goes back as far as 1999 so that may scupper your chances
Old Jan 31, 2006, 4:47 pm

Programs: BA back down to Blue, PC Plat
Would it be possible to add Eastern Airways to the list of airlines? T3 are certainly my next most frequent airline to BA, and the most likely cause of my occupancy of the Terraces lounge at BHX ...
Old Jan 31, 2006, 5:28 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Done.
Old Jan 31, 2006, 6:08 pm

Programs: BA back down to Blue, PC Plat
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Done.
... in 41 minutes! Absolutely magnificent ^
Old Jan 31, 2006, 11:59 pm

Programs: BA Prem, LH Blue, Thai Gold ,KLM Ivory, Priority Club Plat, HiltonH Gold, Marriott gold
Originally Posted by Moomba
BA97 - I love the new stats on the front page. Or have I just not seen them before?

Of all miles posted 44.3 % are in Y and 42.4 % are in J.

My aren't we a bunch of tarts

Come on guys and gals we only need a few more J bookings to out do those Y fellows.

Have you figured out what your percentage of the total miles is?
But we Y flyers are the truly dedicated flyers and achieving gold this way is a more satisfying acheivement so yah boo sucks to you
Old Feb 1, 2006, 12:07 am

Originally Posted by StevieJ
But we Y flyers are the truly dedicated flyers and achieving gold this way is a more satisfying acheivement so yah boo sucks to you
Dedicated is not exactly the word I would use I thought it just indicates that you haven't learnt to play this FT game thing very well yet. Keep trying you will get there ^

Besdies I did my bit for the economy stats. Last year I flew 9 sectors in Y and 3 of those were not UK domestic flights.
Old Feb 1, 2006, 3:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by StevieJ
I think BA should issue monogrammed gold flight socks to everyone reaching Gold through pure Y travel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.