FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Lounge Access (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/470789-lounge-access.html)

rstidolph Sep 8, 2005 3:55 pm

Lounge Access

My wife and I are both AA Platinum, therefore One World Saphire. We are traveling on BA JFK to LHR and on to Vienna. We are traveling in world traveler plus. Are we allowed BA loung access at JFK? (or LHR) Is it posssible to bring in one guest. (My wife's mother)

Fraser Sep 8, 2005 4:03 pm

Yes to all.

rstidolph Sep 8, 2005 4:12 pm

Follow up. What do we need to show BA to gain access. Should I have status entered before or is showing our Platinum card sufficent.

pennineuk Sep 8, 2005 4:14 pm

Your card.

Gardyloo Sep 8, 2005 5:09 pm

And don't forget the arrivals lounges at both T4 and T1 (if your Vienna flight is out of T1) - both with Molton Brown spas. Oh the bliss of those showers...

Traveloguy Sep 8, 2005 5:26 pm

Originally Posted by rstidolph
My wife and I are both AA Platinum, therefore One World Saphire. We are traveling on BA JFK to LHR and on to Vienna. We are traveling in world traveler plus. Are we allowed BA loung access at JFK? (or LHR) Is it posssible to bring in one guest. (My wife's mother)

I think you will find the answer in NO! Remember that AA and BA don't cooperate between LHR and the US. Remember this is the same reason you don't earn points on transatlantic flights on each other carrier's programmes etc, i.e. BA does not earn and AA transatlantic and AA does not earn on BA transatlantic. I am pretty sure this will extend to lounge access although you could be lucky!

World Traveller Plus in it own right does not entitle one to lounge access.

You should have no problems getting into the lounge at LHR however when going on to VIE.

Getting a guest in where you have lounge access should not be a problem!

Happy travelling. :)

Traveloguy Sep 8, 2005 5:28 pm

Originally Posted by Gardyloo
And don't forget the arrivals lounges at both T4 and T1 (if your Vienna flight is out of T1) - both with Molton Brown spas. Oh the bliss of those showers...

I believe you only get MB access with a First or Club boarding card. Lounge entitlement alone won't get you in.

Otherwise I would be there all the time! ;)

Dave Noble Sep 8, 2005 6:01 pm

Originally Posted by QF Hammer
I think you will find the answer in NO! Remember that AA and BA don't cooperate between LHR and the US. Remember this is the same reason you don't earn points on transatlantic flights on each other carrier's programmes etc, i.e. BA does not earn and AA transatlantic and AA does not earn on BA transatlantic. I am pretty sure this will extend to lounge access although you could be lucky!

The only restriction is the earning/redeeming miles. If he is AA Platinum, then he is fully entitled to use the Terraces lounges before departure

As an AA Platinum travelling economy, he is not entitled to use the Arrivals Lounge nor have treatment in the MB Spa

Dave

star_world Sep 8, 2005 6:12 pm

Correct - and the reverse is also true, for reference. Never had any problem using the AA Flagship Lounges, F checkin, etc. when flying on AA as a BA gold. Doesn't even require that your BA card is entered in your booking; I've got an AA card that I've collected a few miles on for flights where I've had to take them instead of BA.

Imperial Special Sep 8, 2005 6:33 pm

Anyone know how airlines charge each other for OW reciprocal access? They seem to log everyone in either by card swipe or manually. Presumably, some carriers' elites use many more partner lounge visits than others.

hfly Sep 8, 2005 6:50 pm

You definately CANNOT use the arrivals lounge, you can use departure lounge, that AA thing is a canard and has NEVER applied to lounges.

GUWonder Sep 9, 2005 12:34 am

I believe you only get MB access with a First or Club boarding card. Lounge entitlement alone won't get you in.

Otherwise I would be there all the time! ;)

... well they can get MB Spa access .... just no spa treatments. (A shower there perhaps. :D )

SLF Sep 9, 2005 1:19 am

Originally Posted by Imperial Special
Anyone know how airlines charge each other for OW reciprocal access? They seem to log everyone in either by card swipe or manually. Presumably, some carriers' elites use many more partner lounge visits than others.

Interesting question. It occurred to me as I was inspecting the AA lounge at NRT, before retreating to where I was supposed to be (CX). Alas, BA was closed so I didn't try that. But had I done so, would there have been a "cost" recorded somewhere for me visiting all three? And would that have hit CX as that was who I was flying with?

Cyba Sep 9, 2005 3:33 am

I believe you only get MB access with a First or Club boarding card. Lounge entitlement alone won't get you in.;)

You can get into the arrivals lounges at both T4 and T1 as a BA Gold no matter what class you have flown in on provided you have arrived on a long haul flight on BA. It's true that the entrance board says First and Club World only but Gold is definitely allowed in. Not Silver, and not sure if OW Saphire works.

hfly Sep 9, 2005 4:00 am

Not always the case, been there done that, I should adthat even if the stars are aligned properly the m-i-l wil not be getting into the arrivals lounge under most circumstances, and they are not getting in a 1w Sapphire 9they are not BA gold)