BA seat shifters

Old Sep 2, 05, 6:27 am
Original Poster

Angry BA seat shifters

So BA have shifted my partner and me from the A/C seats for a forthcoming CE flight. I know this happens but is there any point in complaining? You think they would at least have the courtesy to send an email to tell you - whenever I make a seating change through MMB it sends an email to confirm it. Just good manners! Rant over.
Old Sep 2, 05, 6:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by aristoph
So BA have shifted my partner and me from the A/C seats for a forthcoming CE flight. I know this happens but is there any point in complaining? You think they would at least have the courtesy to send an email to tell you - whenever I make a seating change through MMB it sends an email to confirm it. Just good manners! Rant over.
This has happened to be b4. No use complaining or trying to get it moved back - they will quote "change of aircraft" nonsense at you.

Am curious to know though whether it's a system glitch that allows others to grab your seats, leaving you without your assigned seats. Or whether it is BA staff that un-allocate your seats, to accommodate some higher ranking customers that say they want an A and C seat.
Old Sep 2, 05, 7:37 am

Originally Posted by simon_n10
Or whether it is BA staff that un-allocate your seats, to accommodate some higher ranking customers that say they want an A and C seat.

Please don't think this is the only reason BA might have to move you from an A / C seat - it could well be for genuine operational reasons.

For example, on Boeing aircraft , an additional oxygen mask is fitted in every row on the A/C side of all aircraft for use by infants.
Old Sep 2, 05, 7:41 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
I'll wager that the cabin divider has been moved forward and that you have been ousted by that move. Although it won't show yet - don't despair!

If you can hold D and F unless they are packed E won't get filled (but D or F would if you take my meaning) - but be on the trigger for OLCI and you may find that 2A + C are still vacant although you can't see it.

Complaining will get you nowhere - unfortunately irritating though it is.
Old Sep 2, 05, 7:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by exBAres
Please don't think this is the only reason BA might have to move you from an A / C seat - it could well be for genuine operational reasons.

For example, on Boeing aircraft , an additional oxygen mask is fitted in every row on the A/C side of all aircraft for use by infants.
I hadn;t thought of that.

However it would be nice to be informed ("we regret we have had to change your seats due to....") rather than notice in MMB one day (or on the day at the airport) that the seats have gone, and get spun the story "there must have been an aircraft change"
Old Sep 2, 05, 8:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
I'll wager that the cabin divider has been moved forward and that you have been ousted by that move. Although it won't show yet - don't despair!

If you can hold D and F unless they are packed E won't get filled (but D or F would if you take my meaning) - but be on the trigger for OLCI and you may find that 2A + C are still vacant although you can't see it.

Complaining will get you nowhere - unfortunately irritating though it is.
I don't think it is the screen as we were in 3A and C and were moved to 3E & F. For now we have gone for 3 C & D on the basis that if the cabin is full we would both prefer an aisle. Sadly OLCI will not be available as we are flying from VCE where I think it is not available.
Old Sep 2, 05, 12:30 pm

Programs: QF Platinum (OW Emerald); QF Lifestime Silver; BD Diamond Club Gold (*A Gold)
Ah the mysteries of BA seating on short haul routes...

If anyone at Waterworld is listening (as if you don't spend enough time scanning this board ): this is seriously starting to p**s some of us off.

We've heard about trim...

We've heard about change of equipment...

In fact, it's all BS 99% of the time.

When the *new* seating system came online a few months back, everything worked pretty well. Whatever you've done to it recently, hasn't...

[Did anyone say BA Golds re-seating OW Emeralds ]
Old Sep 3, 05, 4:45 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
I don't think it is the screen as we were in 3A and C and were moved to 3E & F. For now we have gone for 3 C & D on the basis that if the cabin is full we would both prefer an aisle. Sadly OLCI will not be available as we are flying from VCE where I think it is not available.
So if you were moved from 3A and 3C and are now in 3 D and 3 C are we saying that only 3A has been bagged by someone else. How bizzare. When is this flight and what is the number if you care to tell us? Where are you flying to?
Old Sep 3, 05, 5:02 am

Programs: QF Platinum (OW Emerald); QF Lifestime Silver; BD Diamond Club Gold (*A Gold)
So if you were moved from 3A and 3C and are now in 3 D and 3 C are we saying that only 3A has been bagged by someone else. How bizzare. When is this flight and what is the number if you care to tell us? Where are you flying to?
See this
Old Sep 3, 05, 5:41 am

Programs: BA/BMI/RZGP Gold, AA/Amex Plat, IC Plat RA, HH Diamond, VS Silver
Smile

My wife and I were moved from 2A/C (front row of the 737) to 4D/E yesterday in Club as we boarded the plane. As compensation, we were given a couple of little bottles of champagne, and my wife was allowed to chose any fragrance she liked from the HighLife shop... nicely handled cabin crew!

(I've got quite long legs which press against the seat infront, even in Club Europe, which is why I always OLCI to get front row A/C)
Old Sep 3, 05, 5:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by schofs
My wife and I were moved from 2A/C (front row of the 737) to 4D/E yesterday in Club as we boarded the plane. As compensation, we were given a couple of little bottles of champagne, and my wife was allowed to chose any fragrance she liked from the HighLife shop... nicely handled cabin crew!

(I've got quite long legs which press against the seat infront, even in Club Europe, which is why I always OLCI to get front row A/C)
You mean you had BPs for 2AC and they changed them at boarding? What was the reason given? And who WAS sitting in 2AC?
Old Sep 3, 05, 6:29 am

Programs: BA/BMI/RZGP Gold, AA/Amex Plat, IC Plat RA, HH Diamond, VS Silver
Originally Posted by simon_n10
You mean you had BPs for 2AC and they changed them at boarding? What was the reason given? And who WAS sitting in 2AC?
Yes - perfectly understandable reason of a wheelchair passenger and his other half needing the space, though why this didn't happen at check in I don't know.
Old Sep 4, 05, 3:59 am
Original Poster

Exactly - only 3A was taken. I had assumed we have been turfed out by a Gold Card holder as we are both mere Silvers. Not sure why the GC holder didn't take 2A however as they are greyed out to us and presumably available to Gold? Flight is BA2587 VCE-LGW in a couple of weeks time.
Old Sep 15, 05, 10:46 am
Original Poster

Kept checking (compulsively) the seat map for this flight and, hooray, they have now added another row of CE so I have moved us back to the A/C seats! Still don't understand why they scr**ed us around in the first place though

Last edited by aristoph; Sep 15, 05 at 10:49 am
Old Sep 15, 05, 11:29 am

Not sure why the GC holder didn't take 2A however as they are greyed out to us and presumably available to Gold?
We don't get access to 2A or C in MMB if that is the front row of the cabin in CE.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: