Wiki Posts
Search

Return to Europe from $360 inc

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2005, 9:31 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by yyzlhr
I was just about to book flights today form IAD and MFU it, glad I "stumble" on the thread over at Mileage Run as I did not see it here.

I also thought the $740 price was never going to get any better, so much so I was worried that price would end yesterday
I went to book this last night only to read the fine print and find it was for American residents only. Given your FT handle, you seem Canadian so wondering how you made this work. Do you live/work in U.S.?
Old Sep 6, 2005, 9:48 am

Programs: BA Silver, FB Plat, EK Gold, BonvoyAmb
Originally Posted by tcook052
I went to book this last night only to read the fine print and find it was for American residents only. Given your FT handle, you seem Canadian so wondering how you made this work. Do you live/work in U.S.?
I am Canadian, live in Europe and also have US credit Card and Address.... long story--- however I used my UK credit card and no problem, and my Europe Address-- no prolem, and even called my BAEC service centre to MFU.
Old Sep 6, 2005, 9:55 am

This promo has been EXTENDED to September 12, 2005 ^
Old Sep 6, 2005, 8:06 pm

On this offer, for sample dates in late March a NYC-LHR-NYC WT+ r/t comes in at $493.85, a saving of more than $150 on the regular fare.

This is a real bargain. I guess its kiss and make up for GC.

I wish they'd offer these fares out of the UK - I want to make a gift of a WT+ (with or w/o MFU) to a UK based traveller.

Has anyone MFU'd one of these fares?

Last edited by Imperial Special; Sep 6, 2005 at 8:20 pm
Old Sep 7, 2005, 1:57 am

Originally Posted by Imperial Special
On this offer, for sample dates in late March a NYC-LHR-NYC WT+ r/t comes in at $493.85, a saving of more than $150 on the regular fare.

This is a real bargain. I guess its kiss and make up for GC.

I wish they'd offer these fares out of the UK - I want to make a gift of a WT+ (with or w/o MFU) to a UK based traveller.

Has anyone MFU'd one of these fares?
Yes I have-- it is a "T" fare in WT+.
Old Sep 8, 2005, 11:55 am

I wish to express my thanks for the link - we found 3 WT+ tickets SFO-AMS for $2K! - and now appeal to the experts in this forum with a question.

Any way I can book an open jaw with this fare type? There seems to be good availability to/from both LHR and AMS on dates we're interested in, and we'd really like to do an open jaw with one Eurostar trip instead of 2.

For that matter, can you book any open jaw ticket on BA.com? I've never figured out how.
Old Sep 8, 2005, 3:07 pm

Programs: bmi British Midland International Diamond Club
Originally Posted by CDTraveler
For that matter, can you book any open jaw ticket on BA.com? I've never figured out how.
If I'm correct, the fare rules won't permit you to do an open jaw into AMS and out of LON or v.v.

At the moment you can't book any open jaw tickets on ba.com, only the abilty to return to an alternative airport.

AMS-LON by train requires a change in BRU, journey time about 5.5hrs inc connecting time.
Old Sep 8, 2005, 6:40 pm

Originally Posted by CDTraveler
I wish to express my thanks for the link - we found 3 WT+ tickets SFO-AMS for $2K! - and now appeal to the experts in this forum with a question.

Any way I can book an open jaw with this fare type? There seems to be good availability to/from both LHR and AMS on dates we're interested in, and we'd really like to do an open jaw with one Eurostar trip instead of 2.

When I click through on the link I can only find availability to LON or MAN, where can I find availability to other European Destinations?
Old Sep 8, 2005, 6:54 pm

When I click through on the link I can only find availability to LON or MAN, where can I find availability to other European Destinations?
Scroll all the way down, and you'll be able to fill in your departure city and destination other than LON or MAN. I've been lurking on this site since we plan to take BA in June. I hope they have a similar offer then. Right now WT+ for June from BOS to FCO is showing over $1,400. I tried putting in dates in March and it comes out to be around $697. I'll keep my fingers crossed.
Old Sep 8, 2005, 7:37 pm

Originally Posted by nenatravel
Scroll all the way down, and you'll be able to fill in your departure city and destination other than LON or MAN. I've been lurking on this site since we plan to take BA in June. I hope they have a similar offer then. Right now WT+ for June from BOS to FCO is showing over $1,400. I tried putting in dates in March and it comes out to be around $697. I'll keep my fingers crossed.
Thanks for that. It is giving me the information I need.

June is a high season month and WT+ fares are based on an addition to WT which is more expensive in the summer. For example, from regular T class fares NYC-LON are $1,000 r/t in the high season, FCO would be near $1,500. I kinda doubt this special offer will make it past the low season. The $697 fare you quote for March represents true value.
Old Sep 8, 2005, 8:05 pm

Programs: AA Plat, HH Gold, MR Gold
Thank you OP

Just booked this deal in WT+ for spring MCO-LGW $518 all in (x2) as Christmas gift for daughter and son-in-law. This will begin and end (in comfortable style)the 6 week pan-Europe backpack trip that they'd been hoping to do someday. FlyerTalk now has 2 new fans. Thank you for the post.
Old Sep 8, 2005, 10:35 pm

This will be a great price for the Barcelona Do. Can anyone tell me how I can find out if it is indeed T class? I can't find the booking fare/class throughout the booking process. Did I miss it somewhere?

Last of all, only outbound has MFU available. Can I do one way upgrade for a RT ticket? If I can upgrade outbound and then inbound is available for MFU later, can I still request it? Thanks for the help.
Old Sep 9, 2005, 1:58 am

Originally Posted by OnePassLover

Last of all, only outbound has MFU available. Can I do one way upgrade for a RT ticket? If I can upgrade outbound and then inbound is available for MFU later, can I still request it? Thanks for the help.
Yes, if it is available BEFORE your outbound portion commences.
Old Sep 9, 2005, 4:32 am

Thanks for that. It is giving me the information I need.

June is a high season month and WT+ fares are based on an addition to WT which is more expensive in the summer. For example, from regular T class fares NYC-LON are $1,000 r/t in the high season, FCO would be near $1,500. I kinda doubt this special offer will make it past the low season. The $697 fare you quote for March represents true value.
I agree - I think I'll pass out if I see a WT+ for $700 traveling during the peak season! I am hoping that it would at least be less than $1,400 since I have to purchase three tickets. I wish I were going in March but have to wait for my son to be done with the school year. I'll keep on checking on this site. This is an extremely helpful site and I am very, very grateful to everyone here.
Old Sep 11, 2005, 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by yyzlhr
Yes I have-- it is a "T" fare in WT+.
Tried MFU'ing one of these. On a long time with Customer Service in two separate locations. Eventually, the rate desk informed them that the fare couldn't be MFU'd even though it is in 'T' class and there is availability. It is clear from the T&C (and the booking confirmation) that one earns tier points but there is no specific restriction on MFU with these 'T' fares.

Any suggestions?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.