Ticketing question mileage run

Old Aug 26, 2005, 9:11 am
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
Question Ticketing question mileage run

Off on my first MR in a few weeks and looking for some advice. The journey is LHR->BOS(BA), BOS->LAX(AA) then break and then LAX->HNL(AA) the return journey is back to back.

The AA flights were booked through AA.com so no opportunity to enter BAEC numbers. Have phoned AA in London and they say the numbers have been added but no sign when I examine the booking on AA or through the GDS - this is important will go Gold when we land at HNL and I don't want her to lose the tier points on the way back. So first Q, is there any way to check that the BAEC numbers are on the PNR?

Secondly will BA LHR be able to ticket me through to LAX? Reason for this is we have a 5 hour layover at BOS and would like to clear immigration and then go into the Admirals F Lounge not sure if I can do this if not booked in and assume that wont be able to check in 5 hours ahead of flight? And then can we book in at HNL all the way through to LHR - hopefully hand luggage only if we don't do too much shopping

Any other advice ??
Old Aug 26, 2005, 9:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA LTG + GGL, SPG LTP, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
I shouldn't worry about the EC numbers. If AA say they've added them, I'm sure they have. And if not, you can get them added at check-in or the AA lounge before you fly. So long as they show on your BPs for those flights, you'll be OK (IME AA flights - both on combined BA bookings and separate/one-way ones I've done - post within a couple of days, almost as far as BA flights).

BA will be unlikely to check you through from BOS because it's on a separate PNR. Worth an ask, but I doubt they'll do it. I think AA are more flexible than BA on this 'rule' though so you're more likely to be checked in on the way home all the way from HNL. Again, worth asking for sure.

Your handle/profile suggest you're Gold already but you say you will "go Gold" after the HNL flight. If you're not Gold already, beware of the Flagship Lounge and your AA ticket - not sure if you can use it on a wholly domestic AA itinerary without OW Emerald...you may be stuck in the Admirals Club instead.

Phil
Old Aug 26, 2005, 9:46 am
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
Originally Posted by GBOAC
I shouldn't worry about the EC numbers. If AA say they've added them, I'm sure they have. And if not, you can get them added at check-in or the AA lounge before you fly. So long as they show on your BPs for those flights, you'll be OK (IME AA flights - both on combined BA bookings and separate/one-way ones I've done - post within a couple of days, almost as far as BA flights).

BA will be unlikely to check you through from BOS because it's on a separate PNR. Worth an ask, but I doubt they'll do it. I think AA are more flexible than BA on this 'rule' though so you're more likely to be checked in on the way home all the way from HNL. Again, worth asking for sure.

Your handle/profile suggest you're Gold already but you say you will "go Gold" after the HNL flight. If you're not Gold already, beware of the Flagship Lounge and your AA ticket - not sure if you can use it on a wholly domestic AA itinerary without OW Emerald...you may be stuck in the Admirals Club instead.

Phil
Opps missed out the word "wife"!! as she will be the getting her Gold status - glad she's at work
Old Aug 26, 2005, 11:47 am

Programs: BA Gold 20y (89-09)
BA to AA in BOS

Sounds like a great trip.

The Flagship Lounge in BOS has been closed for a while.

You can OLCI for AA at -24hours and print you own BP (www.aa.com).

There is a change of terminal in Boston (International Arrivals at Terminal E to American at Terminal B). There is a free shuttle bus between the terminals and a connecting baggage service after you clear customs. I havn't done this so I don't know how reliable it is.

The FL at LAX is one of the best lounges on the system. There is a new Admirals Club in HNL.

TLA

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.