FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   How to read the codes in PNR? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/453536-how-read-codes-pnr.html)

ACfly Jul 17, 2005 2:27 pm

How to read the codes in PNR?

Hi there,

Currently typing this message at the BA lounge in Dubai. I must say it's quite a nice and small lounge with fairly decent amount of Hot and cold food..

Anyways, flying back from dubai to LHR and then to JNB...

I had to make a change to my LHR-JNB segment and did it in the Dubai Lounge...The lady at the front desk could not print out my new boarding pass, but gave me my full PNR printout to confirm...

I have a few observations about the PNR before my questions:
(1) the PNR documents all of my phone calls to BA with regards to this itinerary - for example, I called in yesterday to request a seat since i was not able to do online checkin because the Advance Passenger information feature was not working.... guess what there was a line in the printed PNR
that documented this request for checkin and seat change... in the PNR it had "PAX UNABLE TO COMPLETE APIS DUE TO SYSTEMS NOT RESPONDING"

Also, BA keep assigning me 1A/1K (as I was flying First)... and I made it absolutely clear that I did NOT want the row 1 seat (The most frustrating part was that I had these seats changed a week ago to 2A or 2K, and just the day before the flight, someone changed it to row 1) ... This request was noted on the PNR as "PAX RQ SEAT 2A OR 2K FOR ALL SECTOR/S13"

(2) It was also on the PNR for activities that related to BA special Services regarding my flights such as seat assignment for Gold.. here's the Documentation back and forth regarding changes by Special Services:

SSR OTHS 1A /// TKS
SSR OTHS BA RGRT UNTO ST AS REQSTD ON BA107 AS FURTHER STNG AT APT CHKIN...BRGDS
SSR OTHS BA HMVR PAX ALRDY STD BEST POSB 1A/1K...BRGDS
SK ECST BA HK1 /NW/FI-L/S13
Anyway this thing went on and on for 2 pages...

So to my questions:
(1) Does anyone know how to read the PNR? Here are the patterns that I see:

a) each line starts with the following (and I assum that it measn the different functions:
SSR = Special Services request ??
*SSR = dont know what * means
SK?
RX?
FA?
FB?
FP?

b) the next set of codes are four letter codes:
NSST = ?
ADTK = ?
PSPT = ?
ECST = ?
LCLB = ?
CTCE = ?
SALL =?
SPGS = ?
APIA
APID

c) Under each of the segment are what appears seat allocation followed by e* like *1A//E* - 1A is for the seat, what does the E stand for

d) also after the from and to location (i.e. LHRDXB) there is a HK1 (and this looks like a comment attached).. but I could be wrong..

What amazes me is all of the record that is kept by BA for this trip...

Globaliser Jul 17, 2005 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by ACfly
d) also after the from and to location (i.e. LHRDXB) there is a HK1 (and this looks like a comment attached).. but I could be wrong..

HK1 = confirmed reservation for one seat.

That's about the only straightforward thing I can see, therefore the only one that I know about! :D

House Jul 17, 2005 4:01 pm

I can't claim to be an expert (and have never had to actually use a CRS system), and I understand abbreviations can differ between carriers and CRS systems, but here are a few attempted translations (feel free to correct!):

HK1 simply means you have a confirmed reservation for that sector. Similar to the OK you will see printed on paper tickets.

NSST = Non Smoking SeaT
(In a similar vein, NSSW = Non Smoking Seat Window and NSSA = Non Smoking Seat Aisle)

SALL = ALL Segments

PSPT = PaSsPorT

ADTK = ADvise if TicKeted

CTC usually gets used for contact details (CTCH = Home contact number). CTCE MAY mean contact email address?

E = End transaction - it's just a sign-off code!

This really is a language all of it's own (which is why people have to go on long courses to learn it!). Here's a little taster if you want to see what a few more of these codes mean. Just click on the links on the left to access different topic areas.

http://www.galileo.com/emea/uk/formats/

lhrworker Jul 17, 2005 4:40 pm

So to my questions:

a) each line starts with the following (and I assum that it measn the different functions:
SK?
RX?
FA?
FB?
FP?

NSST = ?
ADTK = ?
PSPT = ?
ECST = ?
LCLB = ?
CTCE = ?
SALL =?
SPGS = ?
APIA
APID

c) Under each of the segment are what appears seat allocation followed by e* like *1A//E* - 1A is for the seat, what does the E stand for

HK1 is a confirmed seat. If it said HL1 it would be waitlist for a requested seat.

It depends how the agent puts in the details. I am not resrvation trained but i understand a bit of PNR stuff... i have to:

The APIA / APID stuff is the sections of the APIS details that are required for immigration to DXB and other places so you may have entered them on the ba.com or they maybe stored as part of your profile on your exec card. It would probably say like your date of birth and your passport number for instance....

SSR is just a reservation comment that is part of the booking. If the agent wants part of it to come up when you get checked in then they may put a comment is such as:

SRCHKINBA-PAX REQ 2A/K

and this will show up in the booking as SSR CKINBA PAX REQ 2A/K

or something like that!!

If you ever see RM it means remark and this is a note in a booking that can be viewed by all (inlcuding travel agents but if you see RX then this is for BAs eyes only.

CTC means contact, PAX means passenger PPT and PSPT means passport WCHR is wheelchair PHOH is passenger hard of hearing, and the list goes on.....

Hope this helps!

G-BOAG Jul 17, 2005 8:12 pm

I had to make a change to my LHR-JNB segment and did it in the Dubai Lounge...The lady at the front desk could not print out my new boarding pass, but gave me my full PNR printout to confirm...

I have a few observations about the PNR before my questions:
(1) the PNR documents all of my phone calls to BA with regards to this itinerary - for example, I called in yesterday to request a seat since i was not able to do online checkin because the Advance Passenger information feature was not working.... guess what there was a line in the printed PNR
that documented this request for checkin and seat change... in the PNR it had "PAX UNABLE TO COMPLETE APIS DUE TO SYSTEMS NOT RESPONDING"

Also, BA keep assigning me 1A/1K (as I was flying First)... and I made it absolutely clear that I did NOT want the row 1 seat (The most frustrating part was that I had these seats changed a week ago to 2A or 2K, and just the day before the flight, someone changed it to row 1) ... This request was noted on the PNR as "PAX RQ SEAT 2A OR 2K FOR ALL SECTOR/S13"

(2) It was also on the PNR for activities that related to BA special Services regarding my flights such as seat assignment for Gold.. here's the Documentation back and forth regarding changes by Special Services:

Anyway this thing went on and on for 2 pages...

So to my questions:

SK?
RX?
FA?
FB?
FP?

NSST = ?
ADTK = ?
PSPT = ?
ECST = ?
LCLB = ?
CTCE = ?
SALL =?
SPGS = ?
APIA
APID

SSR = Special Service Request (Seats, SPML's, FQTV, etc.)
*SSR = FQTV that's linked to your super chip (should display in MMB list).
OSI = Other Services Info (Info only, no action needed. VIP, CIP, CTC's, etc.)
SK = Keywords (MVCC, Seating from FQTV profile, etc.)
RX = Restricted remarks (can only be seen by a BA office ID)
FA = Ticket Number
FP = Form of Payment
NSST = Seats (SSR element)
PSPT Passport Info (Found in SSR element)
ECST = Exec Seat (pulled from profile in to PNR as an "SK" Keyword.)
CTCE = Email address (SK keyword)
SALL = general seat rqst (SK Keyword)
SPGS = FQTV seat rqst (Prem, Gold, & Silv)
APIA/APID = APIS passport info (SK Keyword)

1A/E* = 1A/Amadeus, E* = E-ticketable segment.

SSR OTHS 1A /// TKS
SSR OTHS BA RGRT UNTO ST AS REQSTD ON BA107 AS FURTHER STNG AT APT CHKIN...BRGDS

Regret unable to seat as requested on BA107 as further seating at check-in. Best regards.
However, passenger already seated best possible 1A and 1K. Best regards.

SK = Keyword
ECST = Exec Seat
BA ... give it some thought
HK1 = holds confirmed
NW = Prefers window
FI-L = Longhaul flights
S13 = segment 13.

G-BOAG Jul 17, 2005 8:16 pm

Originally Posted by lhrworker
SSR is just a reservation comment that is part of the booking. If the agent wants part of it to come up when you get checked in then they may put a comment is such as:

SRCHKINBA-PAX REQ 2A/K

and this will show up in the booking as SSR CKINBA PAX REQ 2A/K

If you are adding a Check-in SSR, you need to drop the H.

The native command is: SRCKINBA-NSFU/P1/S2-4 :cool:

lhrworker Jul 18, 2005 2:35 am

Originally Posted by G-BOAG
If you are adding a Check-in SSR, you need to drop the H.

The native command is: SRCKINBA-NSFU/P1/S2-4 :cool:

haha! i always get that mixed up! and always forget to leave a space between RM and the comment and wonder why it doesnt work when i do it!

Im still learning! Im a PRS user and not DCS or BABS!! haha!

virtualtroy Jul 18, 2005 4:10 am

Wow! And there was me thinking that Esperanto never took off... :p

ACfly Jul 18, 2005 7:25 am

Wow! :eek: :eek: :eek:

This is new language on its own!!!!! Thanks for the information.... Excellent feedback... and glad to see that we have so many experts on board!

ACfly Jul 18, 2005 7:29 am

Originally Posted by G-BOAG
SSR OTHS 1A /// TKS

Regret unable to seat as requested on BA107 as further seating at check-in. Best regards.
However, passenger already seated best possible 1A and 1K. Best regards.

One more thing... I am not sure they consider 1A and 1K in First on the B777 to be the best possible seats - they are right next to the galley and toilet!!! :mad:

skippythelizard Jul 18, 2005 8:03 am

One more thing... I am not sure they consider 1A and 1K in First on the B777 to be the best possible seats - they are right next to the galley and toilet!!! :mad:

But for some reason they seem to think so ...

These seats can only be pre-reserved by gold/prem ... and the last two times that I've done telephone reservations, that's where they wanted to put me.

So for some reason, I think BA thinks they are the best possible seats (or they don't like me).

I have sat in 1K twice before, both times on op-up, and it's really not that bad, as there is not so much traffic as for it to be a nuisance.

One aspect of seat 1K that I like (and I think 1A as well, but I've never sit there, and usually go for the K side on the 777), is the little cubby near the aisle that is a perfect size for placing your shoes ...

spotwelder Jul 18, 2005 8:21 am

Best seats.

Are the best seats only available to BA gold/prem or to OneWorld Emeralds as well?

"where would you like to sit today Mr Spotwelder?"
"3K please"
"but this is a world traveller ticket!"
"3K is where I would like to sit, however, 33H is where I will have to sit.....

latitude Jul 18, 2005 8:49 am

Originally Posted by spotwelder
Are the best seats only available to BA gold/prem or to OneWorld Emeralds as well?

"where would you like to sit today Mr Spotwelder?"
"3K please"
"but this is a world traveller ticket!"
"3K is where I would like to sit, however, 33H is where I will have to sit.....

:D Excellent, must remember to try that one on my next longhaul.

r281 Oct 9, 2005 1:33 pm

If there is a note in the booking does it say who put it there and also do they see it automatically at check-in or do the need to specifically look - why do they sometimes not pick stuff up or say they can't see anything. Also when they call for an upgrade, who are they calling?

matthewuk Oct 9, 2005 2:22 pm

I assume all these conversations were by txt msg?