Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First Lounge In Hong Kong

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2005, 2:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1 .6 MM,Ethiad Gold,Virgin Silver,Marriott Gold,HHonors Diamond,SPG Gold,BA Blue (ish)
First Lounge In Hong Kong

Flying BA First next Feb and can't find a listing for a BA First Class Lounge - any help with my options ?
Old Jul 5, 2005, 3:01 pm

Programs: BAEC (Gold), Hilton (Gold)
Originally Posted by mandc2000
Flying BA First next Feb and can't find a listing for a BA First Class Lounge - any help with my options ?
HK doesn't have a specific FIRST lounge I'm afraid.

If you have status (OneWorld Emerald eg) then you might be able to do better at a non-BA lounge. There are others on the board who know more about Far East destinations than me - I'm sure one of them will give you your best option.
Old Jul 5, 2005, 3:04 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by mandc2000
In HKG, it starts and ends with The Wing and The Pier.
Old Jul 5, 2005, 3:47 pm

Programs: BA Silver / Bonyoy Platinum
Originally Posted by BAHumbug
The FIRST Lounge is at the back of the joint Quantas/BA Lounge but quite agree that after going through security turn left and walk straight across to the terminal to The Wing, the Cathay Pacific FIRST lounge. Don't eat before you go to the airport and pack some toiletries and get to the airport 3hrs early.

The Wing First lounge has a wonderful buffet restaurant with some great dishes. Then there are the Cabanas - Self contained shower bather units with chill out seating, water features and all marble! I love it!
Old Jul 5, 2005, 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by Aerotec
The FIRST Lounge is at the back of the joint Quantas/BA Lounge but quite agree that after going through security turn left and walk straight across to the terminal to The Wing, the Cathay Pacific FIRST lounge. Don't eat before you go to the airport and pack some toiletries and get to the airport 3hrs early.
Bizarrely, BA's own website thinks they don't have a FIRST lounge (hence my statement !).

http://www.britishairways.com/travel...t/public/en_gb

Teach me to believe what I read there...

Old Jul 5, 2005, 3:52 pm

Programs: BA Silver / Bonyoy Platinum
Bizarrely, BA's own website thinks they don't have a FIRST lounge (hence my statement !).
I think it could be to do with the fact that it is a joint lounge with Quantas so technically it is not a FIRST (Imagine that typed with the BA FIRST font) but instead is a First Lounge.

If that makes sense
Old Jul 5, 2005, 3:58 pm

I think it could be to do with the fact that it is a joint lounge with Quantas so technically it is not a FIRST (Imagine that typed with the BA FIRST font) but instead is a First Lounge.

If that makes sense
Yup, that makes sense. But I wouldn't let that worry you unduly. Not 'round here...

Old Jul 5, 2005, 9:31 pm

Programs: QF PLAT, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, LH Silver
The shared QF/BA lounge isn't much to write home about - very poky and very busy (nowhere to sit) every time I've been through. As above, the CX lounges are the way to go.
Old Jul 5, 2005, 11:28 pm

Location: BNE, Australia...not too far from the nearest Qantas Pub err Club
Quantas
Pardonnez moi?
Old Jul 6, 2005, 1:01 am

Programs: QF Platinum (OW Emerald); QF Lifestime Silver; BD Diamond Club Gold (*A Gold)
Back to the op, bear in mind that the BA/QF lounges are near the gates used by them. The Wing is over the other side of the terminal and a bit of a stroll.

You may want to park yourself in The Wing initially and then head over to the BA/QF lounge around 10 mins before boarding commences. NB CX don't call flights from their lounges.

If you're feeling really decadent, you could charter one of those golf buggy things to drive you from the Wing over to your departure gate. Then again, it may make you feel like a pillock.
Old Jul 6, 2005, 2:14 am

Programs: BA GGL, Concorde Room card, KLM Silver, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, UA Premier Silver
I was surprised to see Bollinger Champagne on offer at the FIRST end of the BA lounge as opposed to Moet in the Cathay lounges...
Old Jul 6, 2005, 3:26 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by flyclub
I was surprised to see Bollinger Champagne on offer at the FIRST end of the BA lounge as opposed to Moet in the Cathay lounges...
So surprised, in fact, that there was a momentary pause before flinging it down our necks if I remember rightly!

I concur with the general feeling that HKG F lounge offerings are pretty awesome - photos of all three here
Old Jul 6, 2005, 3:33 am

Programs: BA Gold

The Wing First lounge has a wonderful buffet restaurant with some great dishes. Then there are the Cabanas - Self contained shower bather units with chill out seating, water features and all marble! I love it!
Does the HKG-BKK flight operate from the terminal with the CX FIRST (The Wing) Lounge?
Old Jul 6, 2005, 3:36 am

Programs: NZ Elite, QFWP, IHG Plat, *wood Gold

If you have status (OneWorld Emerald eg) then you might be able to do better at a non-BA lounge. There are others on the board who know more about Far East destinations than me - I'm sure one of them will give you your best option.
Apologies for being dim, but could you gain access to 'The Wing' if you were on BA metal First ticket and the shared lounge was say 'full and busy can i use this one'?
Old Jul 6, 2005, 3:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by firstclasslad
Does the HKG-BKK flight operate from the terminal with the CX FIRST (The Wing) Lounge?
There's only one terminal at HKG, so technically the answer is yes. However, as the building is something like half a mile long, you'd want to make an assessment of whether the Wing or the Pier is the better CX lounge for you to use. IIRC, both have first class sections.

The Wing is the closer CX lounge to the gates used by BA and QF. It is no more than 10 minutes walk away - only 5 if you know exactly where you're going and go at the pace of a decent stroll.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.