Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grrrr Moscow

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2011, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There are rumours that DME will switch to MF.

Meaning A320s and/or B777s to DME?
Old Feb 3, 2011, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
Originally Posted by Smirnoff
There are rumours that DME will switch to MF.

Meaning A320s and/or B777s to DME?
Thats a new one for me... Not heard that on the galley FM frequencies...

However, Luanda (LAD) is going to MF in March...
Old Feb 4, 2011, 12:41 am

Programs: BA Gold, AZAL Gold, TK Elite, KC Nomad Club Blue
Originally Posted by luitje
My favourite is Komadir Taxi - +7 (495) 988 8888. They have a fixed rate of RUR 2,500 (USD 80) for the transfers to/from all Moscow airports and if you order two transfers (one from and the other to the airport), they give a discount of RUR 500.
Crikey, R2500 to get to the airport?! Gorodskoi taksi charges 900 to go to DME and 1500 to pickup there. The cars are modern and clean, and the drivers are fine. Tel. no. is 500-0-500
Old Feb 4, 2011, 12:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi ,

I doubt you will get BA miles for the SU operated flights (AY flight numbers) as it is operated by a non-ow partner ( this is common for a lot of FF programmes).
You will get miles/points for the AY/BA operated legs

Regards

TBS
I believe SU is now part of the Star Alliiance.
S7 (formerly Siberian) is the OW Russian member
Old Feb 4, 2011, 1:36 am

Programs: A3 *G, BA Silver
Originally Posted by mvoight
I believe SU is now part of the Star Alliiance.
S7 (formerly Siberian) is the OW Russian member
SU is part of SkyTeam.
Old Jun 16, 2011, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The BA880 was more horrific than usual last night/this morning.

Boarding at A19 was a total scrum, no effort was made to call CE first or explain what the priority lane for for. So, on calling the flight, a mass of 100+ people threw themselves at the gate in spectacular fashion. In front of me in the "priority" lane were a couple in ET with checked bag problems. No effort was made to send them to the normal queue, so priority was held up why the gate agent dealt with them.

Walking down the long long jetty I almost got trampled in the stampede, it was scary.

The plane was completely full. And with the exception of me, not a single passenger wanted to show their BP at the plane, or sit in their assigned seat. And everyone seemed to have about 4 pieces of carry-on with them. The gate agents made absolutely no effort to police the vast quantities of carry-on, resulting in a delay trying to stow the bags and put the rest in the hold.

Food was served with the usual lights on, clanking off everything in the galley, very little chance of getting any rest. This flight really needs a more comfortable plane and seats, it is absolutely horrific arriving into the city at 7am having had no sleep.
Old Aug 2, 2011, 6:52 am

Programs: AX/Accor/IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG/Carlson Gold, BA Silver, KM Permanent, JJC (Retd)
My wife was on BA873 last night. They'd laid on a 772 and gave multiple announcements about how lucky the passengers were to have such a lovely aircraft on this route. How they normally only use this plane for long haul, but due to the original aircraft going tech.... etc.

Great news, apart from the fact that no-one on the crew spoke Russian (Passengers were 80% Russian speakers) and there was no space for them at T5 when they arrived (45 minute wait for a gate).

Having said that, the 872 going out on Thursday was the scheduled aircraft. Noone spoke Russian on that one either.
Old Aug 2, 2011, 6:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gnarly
My wife was on BA873 last night. They'd laid on a 772 and gave multiple announcements about how lucky the passengers were to have such a lovely aircraft on this route. How they normally only use this plane for long haul, but due to the original aircraft going tech.... etc.

Great news, apart from the fact that no-one on the crew spoke Russian (Passengers were 80% Russian speakers) and there was no space for them at T5 when they arrived (45 minute wait for a gate).

Having said that, the 872 going out on Thursday was the scheduled aircraft. Noone spoke Russian on that one either.
We don't provide language speakers on all routes. Routes which have International Cabin Crew, such as NRT etc... There are very few Russian speakers in the crew community, of which I only know 2 or 3 on Eurofleet of which your flight was not operated by. It was a Mixed Fleet crew who operated your flight.
Old Aug 2, 2011, 7:05 am

Programs: AX/Accor/IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG/Carlson Gold, BA Silver, KM Permanent, JJC (Retd)
Originally Posted by BingBongBoy
We don't provide language speakers on all routes. Routes which have International Cabin Crew, such as NRT etc... There are very few Russian speakers in the crew community, of which I only know 2 or 3 on Eurofleet of which your flight was not operated by. It was a Mixed Fleet crew who operated your flight.
That's ok. As long as the crew understand the drinks orders the Russians are usually happy enough. As my father-in-law says "Visky viv iceberg. Big visky, small iceberg."
Old Aug 2, 2011, 7:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That's ok. As long as the crew understand the drinks orders the Russians are usually happy enough. As my father-in-law says "Visky viv iceberg. Big visky, small iceberg."
Ha ha ha... Yes!

Although I did once make a mistake, which I am a little ashamed of. Maybe I was stereotyping... But this man was asking for water, and I thought he was saying Vodka... So I give him two miniatures of Vodka and he says no... Then points at the water... Woops!
Old Aug 2, 2011, 7:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF

It was due to G-BNWI (767) going tech from DAR diverting to ATH, making G-BNWD position to ATH.
Old Aug 2, 2011, 7:34 am

Programs: BA Silver, AF Ivory
Originally Posted by BingBongBoy
So I give him two miniatures of Vodka and he says no... Then points at the water... Woops!
vada vs vodka ......

(schoolboy russian finds a use at last!)
Old Aug 3, 2011, 5:17 am

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by Smirnoff
.....horrific .... total scrum, ..... mass of 100+ people threw themselves ...... stampede ..... not a single passenger wanted to show their BP at the plane, or sit in their assigned seat. And everyone seemed to have about 4 pieces of carry-on with them.
Oh come on, Smirny, old chap. You've been to Russia before

As long as the crew understand the drinks orders the Russians are usually happy enough
Ah yes. Met family in their apartment. Chap didn't speak English, me not a lot of Russian. Mrs WHBM and his wife gassing full speed in the kitchen. Never mind, traditional Russian hospitality continues. Sits us both down at table, produces litre of Johnnie Walker Black Label, apparently from a duty free in some Turkish holiday airport. Shot glasses appear. Pours us a quadruple each. I test the bouquet, of course, before the first sip. He - Wham ! Just like vodka. Pours himself another, looks bemused at me .....
Old Oct 17, 2011, 3:57 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
What's up with pricing on this route?

Looking at a short trip in a couple of weeks, BA only selling full Y (on all three flights on each day of the out/rtn) for total of £1.100, while BD have Q fares available for £302.

Hmm - do all restricted fares on BA come with minimum stay requirements? I'm only looking at a 24 hours trip....
Old Oct 17, 2011, 4:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Stewie Mac
What's up with pricing on this route?

Looking at a short trip in a couple of weeks, BA only selling full Y (on all three flights on each day of the out/rtn) for total of £1.100, while BD have Q fares available for £302.

Hmm - do all restricted fares on BA come with minimum stay requirements? I'm only looking at a 24 hours trip....
Yes.

A discounted ET ticket requires a 3 night stay, otherwise it's full Y only (even over a Saturday night, without the 3 nights).

A dicounted R class CE ticket requires a Saturday night stay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.