Arrivals Lounge Molton Brown Spa.. Open?

Old Mar 30, 2005, 11:32 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: BA, SQ, AA, QF, CX, VS
Arrivals Lounge Molton Brown Spa.. Open?

I have a friend going to London for the first time travelling J on BA from YVR.

Arrival time around 1130am.

Question - is the Molton Brown Spa open? Would he be able to get the treatments one gets upon departure at the Terraces lounge?

Thank you all.
Old Mar 30, 2005, 11:43 pm
Community Director Emerita

The arrivals lounge has a masseuse who gives chair massage. The treatment is 15 minutes long, rather than 30 as it is in the Spa. Your friend should immediately go to the arrivals lounge and sign up for an appointment. Go to the second floor. The massage room is adjacent to the quiet room and by the computers. The appointment book is out for people to sign themselves up.
Old Mar 30, 2005, 11:52 pm

Programs: BA Gold
I used the facility from SEA in December, I was the only person in the lounge at midday. Probably busier during the earlier hours of the morning. You shouldn't have too many problems getting a massage.
Old Mar 31, 2005, 1:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The spa is open until 2pm, i.e. when the lounge closes. Talking to the masseuse who works there the last 1-2 hours are normally very quiet, so getting an appointment isn't normal that tough. I recommend the facial!

FYI, the hot buffet has normally been cleared away by midday.
Old Mar 31, 2005, 1:45 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by Swanhunter
FYI, the hot buffet has normally been cleared away by midday.
I got to the T1 arrivals lounge at 13:30 on Tuesday. There was noone else in there, and they obviously weren't expecting anyone else. Everything had been put away, including the milk/sugar for a coffee.

They were very good about it though, and got me some while I had a quick shower.

Cheers,
Rick
Old Mar 31, 2005, 9:16 am
dnw

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
The treatment is 15 minutes long, rather than 30 as it is in the Spa.
The massage is 15 mins long in both areas. The slot in the arrivals lounge is 20 mins as apposed to the 30 min slot in the departure lounge- this reflects the shorter 'lead in/out' time of the treatment.. but the actual treatment time is the same.
Old Mar 31, 2005, 10:01 am

Programs: British Airways, Cathay Pacific
Originally Posted by Swanhunter
The spa is open until 2pm, i.e. when the lounge closes. Talking to the masseuse who works there the last 1-2 hours are normally very quiet, so getting an appointment isn't normal that tough. I recommend the facial!
After 12, said masseuse in T4 can often be found surfing the net on the computers next door as he as little else to do!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.