Search

RWT Ticket - How do I use OLCI?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2004, 10:07 pm
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum 1MM, AC SE*100k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
RWT Ticket - How do I use OLCI?

I have a RTW ticket and a large portion of the segments is on BA... I am now BA silver.. I tried doing online seating, on BA.com, but because of the number of segments, OCLI is not available... Anyway to do OLCI? or is it simply calling BA directly?

I am in First, and have been assigned 2A... When in First class, is 2A permanent? Does BA change seats once assigned in First? i.e is the seat guaranteed?
Old Dec 8, 2004, 10:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Don't know about your OLCI issue, but 2A is the best seat in FC, especially on the 747.

On the 747 there's a rather annoying closet up front that keeps getting opened and closed and when I've been in F (in 2A or 2K) I've often seen the 1A or 1K close the door.

On the 777 there's a galley up front and though they're normally very quiet there is still some noise and/or light that's more noticeable from 1A.

Just my $0.02 ( = Ł0.000016)
Old Dec 9, 2004, 12:09 am

Originally Posted by ACfly
I have a RTW ticket and a large portion of the segments is on BA... I am now BA silver.. I tried doing online seating, on BA.com, but because of the number of segments, OCLI is not available... Anyway to do OLCI? or is it simply calling BA directly?

I am in First, and have been assigned 2A... When in First class, is 2A permanent? Does BA change seats once assigned in First? i.e is the seat guaranteed?
hmmmmm....need a bit more info...olci should be available...
Old Dec 9, 2004, 1:54 am

Programs: Still a lowly Blue with BA but inching towards Bronze. Managed to get to KLM Silver!
Originally Posted by speedbird2018
hmmmmm....need a bit more info...olci should be available...
I suspect the OP is trying to access OLCI through MMB. MMB seems to have a segment limit and will not display RTW bookings. I get the same message "Your booking contains too many segments, blah, blah, blah...."

I am also wondering where the OP is trying to use MMB to request a seat and is not, at this stage, trying to check-in using OLCI.

The only way to get around the MMB segment limit on a RTW booking is to use the "Check-in Online" option on the website after logging-in. Entering the flight number and/or the PNR will allow check-in. I had to do this on my last RTW ticket.
Old Dec 11, 2004, 9:31 am
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum 1MM, AC SE*100k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Sorry, I should have phrased my posting carefully.. I was trying to use BA.com to select seating online, not online checkin.

Because I have 16 segments on the RTW, BA.com cant show my itinerary for me to seclect the flight that I need changes in seating...

Anyways, I called BA to select my seating rather than using the BA.com
Old Dec 11, 2004, 10:02 am

Programs: British Airways, Cathay Pacific
To get around this problem is it possible to do a RTW on two or more PNRs?
Old Dec 11, 2004, 10:10 am

Originally Posted by flyermanES
To get around this problem is it possible to do a RTW on two or more PNRs?
I believe if you open date the ticket, and have each leg booked as a separate reservation, that should work.
Old Dec 11, 2004, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

But when you get to the point of actually checking OLCI will work. If it won't let you in through MMB, you can access it via another bit of the website. You will need the PNR to do this - but I have done it successfully both at the start, middle and end of an RTW.
Old Dec 12, 2004, 6:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Excuse my ignorance, but don't you generally need an e-ticket to do OLCI? And aren't RTW tix always paper tix? What are you supposed to do with the paper ticket coupon? Stick it into your floppy drive?
Old Dec 12, 2004, 7:35 pm

Programs: Non-status paid F/J (best value for $$$)
Originally Posted by ijgordon
Excuse my ignorance, but don't you generally need an e-ticket to do OLCI? And aren't RTW tix always paper tix? What are you supposed to do with the paper ticket coupon? Stick it into your floppy drive?
Most carriers don't require you to have an E-TKT to do online check-in.

The boarding pass (either printed by you or the carrier) would have "NOT VALID WITHOUT FLIGHT COUPON ATTACHED" printed on it to remind the gate agent to collect the flight coupon.
Old Dec 13, 2004, 2:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No need for an e-ticket at all. As daniellam says, the coupon will get collected at check in.
Old Dec 13, 2004, 3:41 am

Programs: Still a lowly Blue with BA but inching towards Bronze. Managed to get to KLM Silver!
What are you supposed to do with the paper ticket coupon? Stick it into your floppy drive?
BA's Self Service Check-in machines allow you to insert your paper ticket and check-in that way. Your ticket is updated with seat numbers etc. You can do this having used OLCI.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.