FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Connect time T1 DUB-LHR-TIP (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/378092-connect-time-t1-dub-lhr-tip.html)

hauteboy Dec 7, 2004 1:31 pm

Connect time T1 DUB-LHR-TIP

Checking on the oneworld timetable, it shows a 55-minute connect time for EI DUB-LHR + BA LHR-TIP at T1. Is this a valid connection?

flyermanES Dec 7, 2004 1:42 pm

According to AskBA @ BA.com the Minimum Connecting Time for a T1 to T1 transfer is 60 mins.

Are you going to TIP for the crazy ex-TIP fares? :D

FlyermanES

virtualtroy Dec 7, 2004 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by hauteboy
Checking on the oneworld timetable, it shows a 55-minute connect time for EI DUB-LHR + BA LHR-TIP at T1. Is this a valid connection?

Should it help, I've got a 65-minute connection from my ex-TIP to HKG flight... You may have problems with EI not accepting baggage with such a tight time on your itin, if you've just got carry-on, no probs.

flyermanES Dec 7, 2004 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by virtualtroy
my ex-TIP to HKG flight...

virtualtroy did you get a Visa and Passport translated into Arabic or are you relying on the Visa not needed for Transit rule? I am seriously considering an ex-TIP but am fearful I may never return from Lybia.....

FlyermanES

virtualtroy Dec 7, 2004 1:50 pm

Passport duly translated into Arabic, which made for an interesting explanation last time I had to clear US immigration, but visa still pending.

flyermanES Dec 7, 2004 1:51 pm

great! ^ ^ Let us know how it goes.

virtualtroy Dec 7, 2004 1:58 pm

When are you planning to go?

hauteboy Dec 7, 2004 2:54 pm

TIP trip tip

I'm using a Oneworld award to go to Cairo to start my next RTW, I had a few miles leftover within the 14k zone, and I decided to throw in a long way trip to TIP for free. (say that 5 times fast :D) AA only counts stopover to stopover in calculating award zones, so XXX-TIP-CAI-XXX wasn't much longer than XXX-CAI-XXX. I'm actually planning on spending 4-5 days there. Where did you get your passport details translated? I'm planning on going in late May.

The downside is connecting TIP to CAI required going TIP-LHR (overnight) LHR-BCN-CAI, as there were no biz seats available on LHR-CAI?!? (looks to be blacked out Sa/Su/Mo on the BA site, grr)

virtualtroy Dec 8, 2004 12:27 am

Originally Posted by hauteboy
Where did you get your passport details translated?

British-Arab Chamber of Commerce, Belgrave Square, London. It's run in a wonderfully Midddle Eastern way - eg you call up and they just put the phone down sometimes. Persevere and book an appointment to see the in-house translator, a very charming Libyan lady, who will charge about £12.