Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NCL ServisAir lounge

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2004, 10:54 am
Original Poster

NCL ServisAir lounge

This is BA related - I'm on a NCL - LHR flight!

However I'm not on a flexible ticket and I'm only Blue so the BA lounge is not going to be an option. The ServisAir one is though; and I think £16 is worth it for the extra peace and space.

A few questions though:
  1. How does the lounge compare to Terraces? It looks nice enough in the photos but they are adverisments!
  2. I'll be travelling alone and I'm 16. Will there be a problem getting in?
  3. How big is the lounge and will it be cramped before the evening LHR flight?

Thanks in advance.

Edit: the website says there is seating for 80.

Last edited by BAW845_Matt; Dec 6, 2004 at 11:36 am
Old Dec 6, 2004, 11:29 am

Originally Posted by BAW845_Matt
This is BA related - I'm on a NCL - LHR flight!

However I'm not on a flexible ticket and I'm only Blue so the BA lounge is not going to be an option. The ServisAir one is though; and I think £16 is worth it for the extra peace and space.

A few questions though:
  1. How does the lounge compare to Terraces? It looks nice enough in the photos but they are adverisments!
  2. I'll be travelling alone and I'm 16. Will there be a problem getting in?
  3. How big is the lounge and will it be cramped before the evening LHR flight?

Thanks in advance.
I'm talking about the T2 and T3 lounges ...

1. No comparison. If you're only in for the peace from the departure hall madness, and maybe a couple of basic drinks, they're OK. But not much in terms of munchies to tide you over until your flight.
2. No problem as long as you have the proper credentials for getting in.
3. I've only flown from the lounges in the first half of the day, so can't say what it will be like in the evenings. But I can see the lounges becoming very crowded. Again, not much space, in my opinion.
Old Dec 6, 2004, 11:50 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Priority Club Blue, SPG Gold, Sofitel Gold, FB Ivory, BA Blue
Service Air lounges are passable enough and far better than the departure hall. Terms of entry for BAA lounges (at least according to the Priority Pass guide) is that you must be 12+ to enter the lounge but that will not stop the lounge dragon discriminating (dressing the part will increase the odds of success).
Old Dec 7, 2004, 1:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
If you look on the Servisair website, they have the NCL lounge on offer for just £12 a visit, but in the T&C's it does state...

3.5 In order to maintain Customer expectations children under the age of twelve years are not permitted to use the Lounge Facilities except at London Heathrow, Liverpool and Dublin airports where children under twelve years are permitted. Any child over twelve years of age is permitted to use the Lounge Facilities at all other airports, save at Cardiff Airport (over eighteen years only) or at Luton airport (over fourteen years only). Children under the age of eighteen years should be accompanied in all Lounge Facilities by a Customer over the age of eighteen years at all times.
However it's not that often that NCL is packed out and there certainly used to be another bar/cafe tucked away at the bottom of the escalator near the Terraces lounge. If it's still there, then you'd be far better off sitting and having a coffee there for £1.50 than paying 8x that for access to the lounge.

Also, it's not exactly LHR. You might have a bit of a wait to get through Security, but so long as you check in before the 30 minute cut off and then go straight upstairs to security, I wouldn't have thought you'd have any problem at all.

The usual gate lounge at NCL for the LHR flight is pleasant enough too - big enough to hold a 757's worth of pax without it becoming a squash.

My opinion - the exec lounge, for this flight, would seem to be a poor investment. Bear in mind too that they won't call the lounge so you can board last (as with the BA lounge)...

Last edited by Swiss Tony; Dec 7, 2004 at 1:51 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.