FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Have 60AB become crew rest seats? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/377168-have-60ab-become-crew-rest-seats.html)

Swanhunter Dec 4, 2004 2:06 am

Have 60AB become crew rest seats?

Going to HK last weekend and coming back from SIN last night I noticed that these seats (row nearest cockpit on 747 upper deck) were empty when we took and landed, but mysteriously acquired occupants in the middle of the night.

Does anyone know if these seats are now assigned for crew rest (like row 80 on CX). Does this happen on every flight where a relief crew is needed...or only if the seats are not needed for revenue?

I really can't recall 60AB being used like this before.

Can I help you Dec 4, 2004 2:27 am

60ab

On long range flights with 4 flight crew i.e SIN-LHR 60AB are crewrest seats.
On long range flights with 3 flight crew i.e. BKK-LHR 60B is a crewrest seat.
It really depends on the length of the flight and the number of flight crew.
It has always been this way since we have Club on the upper deck.
Before this with club only downstairs they used 15AB.

Swanhunter Dec 4, 2004 3:13 am

Thanks Can I help you. I'm baffled that I never noticed before - but know I know! Maybe my new glasses helped. :)

marbles dad Dec 11, 2004 9:46 pm

was assigned 60 and B- should I switch?

Originally Posted by Can I help you
On long range flights with 4 flight crew i.e SIN-LHR 60AB are crewrest seats.
On long range flights with 3 flight crew i.e. BKK-LHR 60B is a crewrest seat.
It really depends on the length of the flight and the number of flight crew.
It has always been this way since we have Club on the upper deck.
Before this with club only downstairs they used 15AB.

forgive me if this has been answered before, but i just booked the last 2 remaining upper deck seats - that's 60 A and B- for a flight from LAX next may. Was this a mistake and will we get bumped for the crew that need to be there? This is not as long a flight as lhr- bkk but nevertheless.

are they uncomfortable seats compared to the other seats in the upper deck due to the seat rest on one of them being flush with the bulkhead?
There were no other seats to choose upstairs but downstairs was plenitful with availability- but according to the advice of the others on this board and my own experience the upper deck is ALWAYS preferable. Cheerio!

Swanhunter Dec 12, 2004 6:29 am

I suspect LAX isn't long enough to need relief crew (only done that route a couple of times and can't remember clearly) - and if those seats were needed I imagine BA would have the blocked off on the seating plan.

flyermanES Dec 12, 2004 6:32 am

IIRC LAX flights have one Captain and two First Officers, but I could be wrong

Panic Stations Dec 12, 2004 8:43 am

That is correct, so 60B would probably be the rest seat.

Can I help you Dec 12, 2004 11:20 am

Crew seats

I have just checked the details of my last LHR- LAX flight and the crew seat was 60B.I do not have the details for the return flight,as this flight is shorter there may not be a requirement for a crew rest seat.
I will check and let you know.

koksy Dec 12, 2004 3:35 pm

Just been to JNB and there were three crew but nobody used a seat as crew rest upstairs... (I was in 61B).

flyermanES Dec 12, 2004 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by marbles dad

forgive me if this has been answered before, but i just booked the last 2 remaining upper deck seats - that's 60 A and B- for a flight from LAX next may. Was this a mistake and will we get bumped for the crew that need to be there?

Oh no don't worry, they'll just assume you're a member of the flight crew and you'll get a shot at piloting a 747. If you get a nudge from the Captain while you're having your forty winks that'll mean it's your turn to play Pilot. Just act confidently and stride into the cockpit as if you know what you're doing. I'm sure Panic Stations can give you some tips. :D :D

marbles dad Dec 12, 2004 10:22 pm

Originally Posted by flyermanES
Oh no don't worry, they'll just assume you're a member of the flight crew and you'll get a shot at piloting a 747. If you get a nudge from the Captain while you're having your forty winks that'll mean it's your turn to play Pilot. Just act confidently and stride into the cockpit as if you know what you're doing. I'm sure Panic Stations can give you some tips. :D :D

yes, three sheets to the wind in club , that would be a blast. look for us arriving at hkG sometime the next day in that case. :)