Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones with 1,375 BA Miles Offer

Old Nov 30, 04, 7:40 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Without wishing to have yet another thread espousing the virtues of these headphones, Bose have an online offer in conjunction wth BA Amex:

Order before 31 December 2004 and pay with BA Amex, receive 1,375 BA Miles in addition only pay GBP275, receive free P&P AND receive a free Bose CD player worth GBP40.

www.bose.co.uk/4757 (which just links to the main page, no BA Miles offer to be seen) or call 0800 298 4062 quoting ref 4757.

Still a rip off when compared to the US which offers the same free shipping and free CD for $299 (about GBP160), but interesting to know.

And from where did they pluck 1,375 as the number of BA Miles?
Old Nov 30, 04, 8:01 am

Programs: BA Gold, BD Gold, PC Ambassador, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by apudme
And from where did they pluck 1,375 as the number of BA Miles?
5x 275 ???
Old Nov 30, 04, 8:07 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Ah, of course!

There are other offers around which to plan your Christmas Shopping:

http://www10.americanexpress.com/sif...1,12709,00.asp
Old Nov 30, 04, 9:15 am

I'm ready to take the QC2 plunge

But I'm thinking that with the weak dollar, you're better off buying them in the US. They're $299 in the States, plus 8.7% tax in NYC, so $325 or 171.

You'd get 257 miles for buying them with the BA Amex in New York, and no matter how hard I try I can't make the 104 more you'd spend here to snag these bonus miles seem like money well spent. It's something like 9.3p a mile.
Old Nov 30, 04, 11:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Sounds like the same offer they had over the summer, even the URL is the same. I picked up a pair then and they came with something else (I think a free CD case)
Old Nov 30, 04, 12:43 pm

Programs: BA Gold...Aah how nice! HHonors Gold, Hyatt Diamond,AA Yellow + Tesco
It is 4 extra BA Miles per spent when buying the headphones so I guess if you have a Prem Plus card then you will earn 5.5 Miles per spent so earn 1512.5 BA Miles with this purchase.

But still agree better to go buy from the US. Now, will Bose US ship to a US Hotel?
Old Dec 1, 04, 5:30 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by knifeandfork
But I'm thinking that with the weak dollar, you're better off buying them in the US. They're $299 in the States, plus 8.7% tax in NYC, so $325 or 171.
I'm about to order a set but wondered if it is worth buying from the US for delivery to the UK as I'm not over there until Jan (& it's a Xmas present) - anybody done this & is it worthwhile once postage & import tax are added in?
Old Dec 1, 04, 5:35 am

I have ordered stuff in from the US but can't remember what the relevant charges would be if you get charged import duty and tax.

Generally if the company ships via Fedex/UPS etc then you WILL get hit with import fees and a handling fee from the company. You could be naughty and get it shipped to work and the charges might go to the companies shipping account? I did that accidentally then got made redundunt so was in no rush to pay the fees/charges!

If it is sent by USPS then there is less chance of charges but prob more chance of it getting lost!

If you do buy it then I would not bother with the CD Player as it will make shipping more expensive and they would also charge import duty on the potential value of the item I think.
Old Dec 1, 04, 5:43 am

Originally Posted by Aerotec
It is 4 extra BA Miles per spent when buying the headphones so I guess if you have a Prem Plus card then you will earn 5.5 Miles per spent so earn 1512.5 BA Miles with this purchase.

But still agree better to go buy from the US. Now, will Bose US ship to a US Hotel?

Looked yesterday but they want a credit card with a US billing address, for other countries they redirect you to the local site.
Why don't they make some that don't mess your hair up.
Old Dec 1, 04, 5:44 am

Programs: BA Gold
Thanks Aero I'll investigate further & post again if it works out well.
Old Dec 1, 04, 5:48 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Aerotec

I have done this in the past - I ordered a Bose delivery to my US address no problem with my UK card.

You need to clearly state your arrival date on the address for hotel deliveries(obviously) and give the hotel a heads up (get someone's name in the mail room) that you are expecting a high value parcel.

As its pre-christmas - better order asap. They have excellent product tracking delivery software.

You can use AMEX if you phone the and tell them the exact address you would like the headset shipped to. It must be exact otherwise they will deny the charge and your shipment won't leave. Other CC are less good at this.

Do shop around for these headphones though - they can be purchased on eBay and oher price comparison sites for a little less than Bose charge (though you prob lose the EXCELLENT guarantee). Plus watch out for local taxes, depending on which hotel you get it delivered to!
Old Dec 1, 04, 5:48 am

Westers, was that direct with Bose?

Search for an independant retailer to see if they can help. I have bought headphone kit from www.ttvj.com and he is happy to ship to US Hotels, UK Addresses and mark the Customs for in a very ineligible way :-)

I am sure he would remove packaging etc to make the package as small as possible.

He sells very Hi End kit so not sure if he can get the Bose Headphones but worth checkong.

Also try looking on www.head-fi.org as they havelinks to retailers also.
Old Dec 1, 04, 6:28 am

yes that was direct with bose,
I might try the shure headphones for the hair reason.
I am in the states in a few weeks so i am preparing my shopping list at the moment for delivery to the hotel,
Old Dec 1, 04, 6:59 am

I usually stay at Hyatt and they have Guest Package services in most of the hotels but do charge about $7 for a small parcel so that adds to the total cost too.
Old Dec 1, 04, 7:15 am

I am also a Hyatt man but don't know for how much longer as i will not re-qualify for Diamond this year, and have never paid a fee and just given a tip to the bell boy (Don't eat yellow snow).

Search this Thread