Wiki Posts
Search

BA.com down?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2004, 4:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
BA.com down?

Anyone else having problems with BA.com at the moment?
Old Mar 11, 2004, 4:39 am

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
Yes hard to log in and cant access my bookings.
Old Mar 11, 2004, 4:44 am

Programs: BA Gold, BD Gold, PC Ambassador, SPG Gold

It seems to be down. Even when its up its one of the slowest websites I regularly use, particularly once you've logged in.

PhilH
Old Mar 11, 2004, 4:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Seems to be better now...
Old Mar 11, 2004, 4:54 am

Programs: BA Silver, HHonours Gold, Mucci of Pucci, Oyster Card, Nectar Card, Father's Day Card
Can you believe this. I'm going to Grenada in J tomorrow on a 4 class plane which is booked as two classes - I want to try and bag good seats (i.e. F with J service) and the bloody website is either down or won't even recognise I have a booking.

I phoned to Gold 0800 line and got this Dalek that told me I should have pressed 1 instead of 2 and that I should try back on the site later.
Old Mar 11, 2004, 4:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
No, it's down again now. Ironic that it should happen on the day of the Investor Day.
Old Mar 11, 2004, 5:44 am
dnw

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by edi-traveller:
I phoned to Gold 0800 line and got this Dalek that told me I should have pressed 1 instead of 2 and that I should try back on the site later.</font>
On the website?
Old Mar 11, 2004, 7:30 am

Not a frequent poster on here as you can see, but have been trying to check-in online since last night for a flight at 1745 this evening to no avail! BAs internet helpdesk have said that they are having server problems at the moment and that this may be the cause. Excellent customer service - Online checkin is down and chekcing in by phone is no longer an option. Now I remember why I don't fly on British Airways particularly often...GRRR!
Old Mar 11, 2004, 7:56 am

Broken here too. Bit rubbish really, but then I've got such low expectations of their website anyway...
Old Mar 11, 2004, 9:04 am
awm

Programs: BA Gold for life
Argh. Same here. Want to check in and change my MIDDLE seat. Anyone having any success?
Old Mar 11, 2004, 2:58 pm

Programs: Mucci Gold Class
S'working fine over here...
Old Mar 11, 2004, 2:58 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by awm:
Argh. Same here. Want to check in and change my MIDDLE seat. Anyone having any success?</font>
No...can't get past the 1st (log-in) page.
Old Mar 11, 2004, 3:03 pm

Had the same login problem today, till I went to another country site, like Portugal...do your login there, then change country to UK or whatever you need....seems to work quite quickly.
Old Mar 11, 2004, 7:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Having no joy with OLCI although the rest of the site works. That makes it two nights running; last night it was my partner who couldn't OLCI at all, even though we both tried over a 12 hour period.
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Sorry, we are unable to check you in online for this flight at present. Please proceed to the airport to check in.</font>
The only thought that I've had is that we both had QF numbers in the booking but were logging in as BAEC members. It's never been a problem before, but who knows?
Old Mar 11, 2004, 7:49 pm

Programs: BA GfL
Still down. I'm trying to check in for my flight tomorrow night PHL-LHR: "Sorry, we are unable to check you in online for this flight at present. Please proceed to the airport to check in." Well, I think I have the seat I want anyway. I must say it is business as usual for the BA website. OLCI appears to work something like 40% of the time for me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.