BA to stop flying to SEZ

Old Feb 20, 04, 3:43 pm
Original Poster

BA to stop flying to SEZ

I have heard recently that BA will drop SEZ sometime very soon.

Has anyone else heard anything?

It would be a pity as this is one of the nicest destinations on Earth.
Old Feb 20, 04, 3:52 pm
dnw

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">From 28 March 2004, British Airways will reduce its twice weekly Seychelles (via Nairobi) service to a once-weekly operation. This service will continue to operate via Nairobi from 3 April 2004 until 26 June 2004. We will re-accommodate all passengers onto the Saturday service during this period.

For departures from 27 June 2004, we are currently working with our African airlines partner - Regional Air - to establish a connecting service between Nairobi and Seychelles. The outcome of these discussions will be announced by the end of January along with full details of passenger reaccommodation plans.
</font>
Old Feb 20, 04, 3:55 pm

Ahh...crap. This just royally screws up my plans for this summer (August).
Old Feb 20, 04, 4:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
quoting dnw: 'For departures from 27 June 2004, we are currently working with our African airlines partner - Regional Air - to establish a connecting service between Nairobi and Seychelles'

Who the f**k are Rgional Air??????
Old Feb 20, 04, 5:14 pm
dnw

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by fbgdavidson:
Who the f**k are Rgional Air??????</font>
BA Franchise based in Nairobi
Old Feb 21, 04, 12:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routičres, PCR
[quote]<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by dnw:
...The outcome of these discussions will be announced by the end of January ...
</font>
That's still the answer on AskBA today, 21 February. Has anybody had news?
Old Feb 22, 04, 8:40 am
Original Poster

I originally heard this from cabin crew. We were discussing where the nicest places are for crew layovers. I mentioned Seychelles knowing that they'd at least have a three day layover. I'm sure that BA crews will miss these short vacations very much!

I suspected that Regional Air would pick this up so there will still be a way to get to Paradise!
Old Feb 22, 04, 9:13 am
NFH

Programs: BA blue, Hilton gold, Marriott gold, IHG plat, Meliá gold, Radisson gold, Hyatt disc, AmexPlat
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ga1950:
I mentioned Seychelles knowing that they'd at least have a three day layover.</font>
No, they don't. The crews do NBO-SEZ-NBO all in the same day with a night in NBO either side. It's only around 2 hours each way between NBO and SEZ.
Old Feb 26, 04, 10:14 pm

Anybody with any inside info know if these talks regarding some sorts of flights between NBO and SEZ have broken down? Feel free to e-mail me directly. I'm trying to plan my summer vacation (Late August/Early September), and it kinda revolves around going from NBO to SEZ, was planning on taking the BA flight, but this just tosses that idea.
Old Mar 2, 04, 7:36 pm

Location: Austin, TX -- AA PLT 2.8MM+ (life PLT); IHG PLT Ambassador; UA Gold
looks like they are ending the service to Lilongwe as well? The LHR-NBO-SEZ service goes to a 767 Apr 4-Jun 27, then resumes 747 LHR-NBO.

Old Mar 2, 04, 7:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by hauteboy:
looks like they are ending the service to Lilongwe as well? The LHR-NBO-SEZ service goes to a 767 Apr 4-Jun 27, then resumes 747 LHR-NBO.

</font>

It's history too...

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">
From 28 March 2004, British Airways will suspend its once a week service to Lilongwe via Nairobi. The decision to suspend this service is part of the airlines ongoing strategy to focus on profitable routes.

For our passengers currently booked to Lilongwe from 29 March 2004, we have reached an agreement with South African Airways. This agreement will allow customers booked to travel to Lilongwe on British Airways between 01 April and 31 May 2004, to reroute via Johannesburg to Lilongwe on South African Airways services.
</font>

Search this Thread