FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   What happens in Redmond, Oregon (and why) ? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/35974-what-happens-redmond-oregon-why.html)

Markonen Sep 24, 2003 7:16 am

RDM/redeem -- a number of miles autoconverted to a date in the checkmytrip view -- per one way?

Swanhunter Sep 24, 2003 7:34 am

Araguaina, Tocantins Brazil is my special message - the airport code is AUX. Anyone care to puzzle that one out?

House Sep 24, 2003 1:32 pm

Something to do with you being an EC Gold member, or having booked through the EC Gold (symbol Au) line?

If an EC Silver member finds Agatti Island, India (AGX) in their booking then that'll be the answer.

YVR Cockroach Sep 24, 2003 9:33 pm

Mine's a rather cryptic "perow". per oneWorld? Per one way? (Hope not!)

Globaliser Oct 3, 2003 7:59 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Swanhunter:
Araguaina, Tocantins Brazil is my special message - the airport code is AUX. Anyone care to puzzle that one out?</font>
I've just seen that in checkmytrip.com on a booking made for my partner yesterday. She's a QF FF, no status. On the QF site, the entry just shows up as "Non-flight activity has been requested for Fri xx.xx.2003." There are two such entries, and the date of the second is so far in the future it looks like one of those "keep this PNR alive until this date" entries.

777Brit Nov 28, 2003 6:49 am

This is an easy one folks - they're PNR retention segments, used for market analysis, to keep the PNR live after date of travel.

Random city codes are commonly used for this.

AUX = Auxilliary segment (also ARAGUAINA, BRAZIL)

Nothing to really worry about....

bealine Nov 30, 2003 1:24 am

....I think, somewhere in the world, we have a joker working within the booking systems network!

The Lufthansa Christmas Tree and....

t'other day at LGW, I was retrieving a passenger's booking to print his itinerary when the entire end of 2003 season Formula One standings appeared on the screen for about 10 seconds before the PNR appeared.

When I printed the itinerary, there were the championship positions again at the top of the PNR!

'Fraid I don't have the foggiest about "perow" though!

[This message has been edited by bealine (edited Nov 30, 2003).]

Merry Dec 1, 2003 5:05 am

When I book using my BA account, I get the comment creditnn, which check my trip translates to Corner Bay / Corner Bay, Alaska USA.

mtacchi Feb 29, 2004 1:35 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by terenz:
Mine's a rather cryptic "perow". per oneWorld? Per one way? (Hope not!)</font>

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Markonen:
RDM/redeem -- a number of miles autoconverted to a date in the checkmytrip view -- per one way?</font>

My recent points booking shows this aswell, I think the RDM (redemption) PEROW (Per one way).

At fisrt I thought maybe the agent had put my preferance of "prefers exit row" in comments, but I think it's probably the first thing.

BA481K Feb 29, 2004 3:39 am

"perow" ~~ Could it be that Ross Perot (the only man that makes George Bush look normal) is now a ticketing agent for BA?

------------------
'Kai Tak heart attack?'

surturminn Oct 25, 2005 12:50 am

All my BA online bookings show Corner Bay, Alaska.........in my stupidity, I just presumed that this was where they processed their web transactions :eek:

flyclub Oct 25, 2005 2:57 am

Originally Posted by Frequentflyer99

MISCELLANEOUS INFORMATION !
Sunday, January 4, 2004
Location Redmond / Redmond, Oregon USA
perow

I am surprised nobody has mentioned this sooner.

Since I discovered checkmytrip.com, around 40 Club Europe bookings in the last year have shown Redmond, Oregon USA in the respective section.

I thought nothing of it.

spotwelder Oct 25, 2005 3:27 am

strange codes on check my trip

Well I had my salutation entered as Mr. and then there was a statement "MAN". I thought how perceptive. It is amazing what personal data they store these days, just for a flight up to Manchester.

I take it that for my recent trip to Colombia, despite having paid for business class on Iberia that the Spanish for please ensure he is kept in economy only and away from other passengers is "MAD" and that the code for seat row 49 in the 340 600 next to the toilets is "BOG".

OK (or CSA), I have finally flipped. Maybe it is the thought of going to Texas for the day?

flyclub Oct 25, 2005 4:22 am

Originally Posted by spotwelder

OK (or CSA), I have finally flipped. Maybe it is the thought of going to Texas for the day?

However, at least you have the nice new 'D' Terminal awaiting you when you arrive.

Plus a massive Customs and Immigration hall which seems the size of the whole of LGW North Terminal ! :eek:

surturminn Oct 25, 2005 4:47 am

Originally Posted by flyclub
However, at least you have the nice new 'D' Terminal awaiting you when you arrive.

Plus a massive Customs and Immigration hall which seems the size of the whole of LGW North Terminal ! :eek:

And whacky biometric ATM type thingies for when you exit the country....they tell you to keep the receipt to prove you left, but don't tell you how long for :confused: