Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

520 tier points for $705 flying AA first class SFO-FPO

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2004, 10:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH Silver, SPG Gold, PC Plat, IC Royal Ambassador, UA 1K, Founder www.SeatExpert.com , CO Platinum

AA is offering an excellent first class fare from SFO to FPO (Freeport, Bahamas) until end of March. The normal routing is SFO-DFW-FPO for about $600 inc tax and fees.

I booked SFO-JFK-MIA-FPO return in order to sample the Premium transcon on the 767, and the fare jumped a bit to $705 all in. I believe this is a YUP fare that gets booked into A, discounted first class on AA. From the experience of many on the AA board, most people were getting the 50% class of bonus Q-points/miles on AA for flying first class. I assume that if credited to BA, the 50% probably will also apply.

We have the following equipment on our flights:

SFO-JFK 762 Premium cabin on 3 class service
JFK-MIA 757 Domestic first class
MIA-FPO AT7 One class on a turboprop, but only 112 flight miles for this segment

FPO-MIA AT7
MIA-JFK 762 Premium cabin on 3 class service
JFK-SFO 762 Premium cabin on 3 class service

Tier points = 180+60+20+20+60+180=520
Base miles = 2586+1090+500+500+1090+2586=8352 if minimum 500 miles per segment apply

The fare requires 3 day minimum stay, or stay over a Saturday. When booking on AA, specify first class and search by fare, and you should see the $601 fare listed. Play with the excellent Availability Tool if you want to route through JFK, and manually construct the segments looking for A class availability.

Original fare was posted on the mileage run forum.

------------------
International airlines seat desirability map

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.