Barbados EC Lounge - Help!

Old Feb 23, 04, 6:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, HHonours Gold, Mucci of Pucci, Oyster Card, Nectar Card, Father's Day Card
Barbados EC Lounge - Help!

I have a holiday in Grenada and Palm Island coming up soon - and we have a 2.5 hour stopover in Barbados on the way back.

I can't remember where the EC lounge at Grantley Adams is - I went in a few years ago and it was basically a cupboard with a few chairs, a fridge and a "Terraces" sign (but still preferable to the main concourse).

Is it landside? If so do connecting passengers get access to it - and also would you then have to pay the Barbados departure tax as you would have technically entered the country?
Old Feb 23, 04, 7:05 am

Programs: BA Blue. 19300 Lifetime TPs
My recollection is that it is landside and that connecting passengers (of which I was one) do get access - but I don't recall having to pay departure tax. I also recall it being small, overheated, crowded and grotty. This is going back 5-6 years though, I'm sure there'll be more up to date contributions.
Old Feb 23, 04, 9:10 am
dnw

Its landside, upstairs. Its still a cupboard, but it does have the usual beverages and a big plasma telly with BBC World.

They also issue lounge passes to one of the shared lounge (Sala VIP?) but even if you get that you can use the EC lounge with status.

Departure tax was collected by BA at checkin, so you may avoid it...

Search this Thread