Another BA rules change?

Old Feb 18, 04, 2:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci Diamond Hairbrush. And Nouveau Bronze
Another BA rules change?

I wonder if anyone can shed any light on where the rules or rule changes for this are published:

Last summer I used my Amex 2 for 1 voucher for me and my wife, and bought our two children NCW tickets through Trailfinders with 3 nights accommodation thrown in. The addition of the accommodation brought the price of the childrens' tickets down below the cost without accommodation (yes, I know, I'm cheap).

I had no difficulties in booking this, but I'm told this year it can't be done: BA have "changed the rules" so that the flights plus accommodation package can't be purchased in childrens' names: you need an adult on the booking. Of course, there remains no objection to a parent booking two child seats and travelling on an award ticket with them - the restriction seems specifically targetted at booking child seats *and accommodation*, even if the parent is travelling with the child.

Where are these rules and rule changes publicised?
Old Feb 18, 04, 3:45 pm

Programs: LH SEN, HH Gold
Unfortunately I have no related info, but just a question/suggestion to pose: could you use the 2 for 1 voucher for yourself and one child, and then book your wife and your other child on the accommodation arrangement? I have no idea what that does to your price--just throwing it in, in case it's a possible solution.

--Grog--

[This message has been edited by Grog (edited Feb 18, 2004).]
Old Feb 18, 04, 4:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci Diamond Hairbrush. And Nouveau Bronze
LOL! Yes - I could have done that, but for the fact that I've already used the 2for1 voucher to book flights for my wife and me. Travel dates are a long way off, so I'm not worried about losing not being able to get the kids on the same flight (yet) and even if that happened, I could move the award flights to match what's available for the kids.

Plus, like I said, I'm cheap. I want to maximise the value of the 2for1 by using it for two *adults* :-))
Old Feb 19, 04, 6:54 am

Programs: LH SEN, HH Gold
No problem here; I understand and am equally cheap (ahem...sensible is the word I use!) and support that 100%. Hopefully someone has a lead on a solution for you...

--Grog--

Search this Thread