Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A *NEW* and updated fare class list!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2004, 12:14 pm

Programs: BA Silver, HHonours Gold, Mucci of Pucci, Oyster Card, Nectar Card, Father's Day Card
"lowest" will get you the lowest available fare - which could be W (fully flex) or discounted T - depending upon which is available.

WT+(Flexible) will always get you W.

They also use P - which there was some discussion about -I saw it on a screen in a BA travel shop last week - think it may be WT+ awards.
Old Feb 13, 2004, 1:11 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by AZ Travels the World:
[B]A couple of questions for you fare class guru's:

If you book a US-LON ticket on-line at ba.com using the "book and upgrade ticket," feature to buy World Traveler Plus (lowest), and use miles to upgrade to Club World, what fare class will you be booked into? It would seem "T", but I want to be sure.[B]</font>
I booked LHR-JFK-LHR WT+ tickets upgraded with miles to CW in January for travel this June. I have the paper tickets and class is "U".
Old Feb 13, 2004, 1:23 pm

Programs: BA Silver, HHonours Gold, Mucci of Pucci, Oyster Card, Nectar Card, Father's Day Card
That's the awards inventory bucket - but on your records it would show J/T or J/W.

[This message has been edited by edi-traveller (edited Feb 13, 2004).]
Old Feb 13, 2004, 5:35 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by edi-traveller:
That's the awards inventory bucket - but on your records it would show J/T or J/W.

[This message has been edited by edi-traveller (edited Feb 13, 2004).]
</font>
So it sounds like whether you purchase full WT+ or discounted, you would end up in either W or T and receive full mileage credit for your flights (actually at 1.25% for WT+). Right?

[This message has been edited by AZ Travels the World (edited Feb 13, 2004).]
Old Feb 14, 2004, 8:25 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by AZ Travels the World:
So it sounds like whether you purchase full WT+ or discounted, you would end up in either W or T and receive full mileage credit for your flights (actually at 1.25% for WT+). Right?
</font>
Yes.

Old Feb 14, 2004, 11:00 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
edi-traveller, you are very helpful. Thank you!!
Old Feb 14, 2004, 2:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

"They also use P - which there was some discussion about -I saw it on a screen in a BA travel shop last week - think it may be WT+ awards."

It is indeed used for WT+ awards. I booked one for a friend with QF points and it was in P... Qantas need to update their systems though since the printed itinery said "Class: First"

Dave
Old Jul 27, 2004, 9:05 pm

Programs: AA: ExPlat & 3MM; UA: 1k; KL: Plat 4 Life; Hyatt: Plat; SPG, Marriott, Hilton: Gold
Originally Posted by ScottC
(US-UK routes only)
Discounted, AD/ID50, RTW........A
Any way of booking A class fares online?
Old Jul 28, 2004, 1:25 am

Originally Posted by anandrag
Any way of booking A class fares online?
First(Lowest) on ba.com. If there are A fares available that's what you will get.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.