FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Anyone really fed up with BAEC (uk only)?? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/35704-anyone-really-fed-up-baec-uk-only.html)

Swiss Tony Jan 29, 2004 9:25 am

Anyone really fed up with BAEC (uk only)??

Picked this up on the KLM forum, but in the community spirit, *A is openly offering to comp people...

http://www.staralliance.com/star_all...40129Star.html

oyster Jan 29, 2004 10:11 am

I think the UK members suffered the least from last July's changes.

Only major drawback for me is the lower tier points for Europe flights and the higher redemption amounts for some long-hauls (notably east coast US).

CT-UK Feb 1, 2004 1:15 am

If anybody wants to do the status macth deal then this site may help you pick a program:

http://members.shaw.ca/deercroft/starall04.html

In the terms and conditions of the offer it states that members will not be comped Plat status..... Does this mean *A will come out with a Plat status?

Swiss Tony Feb 1, 2004 3:31 am

It might be a reference to the top-tier schemes with the likes of AC,LH etc, where they have two levels both branded as Gold, both allowing lounge access etc....

Grog Feb 1, 2004 3:33 am

We're only allowed to be fed up with BAEC UK? http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/tongue.gif

--Grog--

PhilH Feb 1, 2004 3:49 am

From the T&C's:

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Customers without Star Alliance airline frequent flyer programme membership but with status in a non-Star Alliance frequent flyer programme must register, enrol into one Star Alliance member airline frequent flyer programme, provide their new membership number and provide proof of status in their non-Star Alliance frequent flyer programme (by electronic e-mail of the last statement or complete form available, sent to the fax number provided). The frequent flyer statement or e-statement must be no more than three months old prior to registration date of this promotion. </font>
So, what's to stop me getting my last email statement, editing it in Word to say I've got Gold on BA, then faxing it to *A and getting comped Gold on my UA programme???

Answers on a postcard please... ;-)

Regards
PhilH

dnw Feb 1, 2004 5:21 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by PhilH:
So, what's to stop me getting my last email statement, editing it in Word to say I've got Gold on BA, then faxing it to *A and getting comped Gold on my UA programme???
</font>
I was thinking the same... BA's e-statements are embarassingly plain, they don't even show status... I took a PrntScrn of my welcome page and thought at the time how easy it would be to edit...

I guess the point is, they don't care, if you don't give them what they are after you'll loose it after a year anyway.

PhilH Feb 1, 2004 2:31 pm

Interesting. I had some spare time this afternoon and played around with a screen print of the Welcome page in Paint Shop Pro - embarrasingly easy to fake as long as you get your sums right!

By the way, what happens when you reach Gold, what does it say in the "Poitns to next tier" row, I assume "N/a" - any clue you Gold people?

Regards
PhilH

Grog Feb 2, 2004 12:59 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by PhilH:
By the way, what happens when you reach Gold, what does it say in the "Poitns to next tier" row, I assume "N/a" - any clue you Gold people?

Regards
PhilH
</font>
Hmmm...is this really going to be answered here? And if it is, can you really trust the answer that's posted publicly??

--Grog--

[This message has been edited by Grog (edited Feb 02, 2004).]

PhilH Feb 2, 2004 2:52 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Hmmm...is this really going to be answered here? And if it is, can you really trust the answer that's posted publicly??
</font>
Actually I doubt it, and in any case it would be fraud if I did it, so that will probably stop me more than anything else (I do have some scruples you know!)

My principal thought was that BA Silver really matches to *A Gold (in terms of benefits, lounge access etc.) not *A Silver which I've had for a year and is absolutely worthless really. So if *A are going to comp me, they should be comping me to their Gold level, otherwise I'll just continue to fly BA....

Regards
PhilH

tcswede Feb 2, 2004 3:00 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by CT-UK:

In the terms and conditions of the offer it states that members will not be comped Plat status..... Does this mean *A will come out with a Plat status?

</font>
I believe mor that it means that irrespectable of the level that you have today outside *A, the highest level you will receive would be *Gold, even if you are top tier in a three or four level programme today.

Cheers

Thomas

CT-UK Feb 2, 2004 3:29 am

[This message has been edited by CT-UK (edited Feb 02, 2004).]

CT-UK Feb 2, 2004 3:31 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Grog:
Hmmm...is this really going to be answered here? And if it is, can you really trust the answer that's posted publicly??

--Grog--

[This message has been edited by Grog (edited Feb 02, 2004).]
</font>

All it says is : Points to retain tier.

Trust this if you wish.

dnw Feb 2, 2004 5:27 am

My principal thought was that BA Silver really matches to *A Gold (in terms of benefits, lounge access etc.) not *A Silver which I've had for a year and is absolutely worthless really. So if *A are going to comp me, they should be comping me to their Gold level, otherwise I'll just continue to fly BA....</font>
I totally agree! (I posted the same comment on the STAR board thread)- if they comp to Star Silver its worthless. I'll use the two upgrade vouchers on RG and then never step foot again...