The meaning of Enhancement

Old Jan 14, 04, 5:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Starbucks Rewards GOLD
The meaning of Enhancement

If you check the AskBa page, you'll see the following new post:

Due to a planned change for operational requirements, British Airways services to and from Tel Aviv (BA165/BA164) on 14 January 2004, will operate with an enhanced short haul service to Club World and First Class passengers in place of the standard First and Club World product.

I am starting to believe for real that everytime you see the word ENHANCEMENT or ENHANCED it means that BA is trying to screw you.
Old Jan 14, 04, 6:00 pm

Programs: VS FC, BA EC, HHonours
Sounds like the 'enhancement' for the people in the back of the plane will be the All day Deli!
Old Jan 14, 04, 6:06 pm

Programs: BA/BD Gold/IC A/*Wood Gold - Certified BodyCombat and BodyPump Instructor
Due to a planned change for operational requirements (We've made too many staff redundant and the rest are throwing sickies), British Airways services to and from Tel Aviv (BA165/BA164) on 14 January 2004, will operate with an enhanced short haul service to Club World and First Class passengers in place of the standard First and Club World product. You've paid an absolute fortune for your ticket and we're sticking your butt in an economy class seat and giving you a glass of fizz as compensation
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">
I am starting to believe for real that everytime you see the word ENHANCEMENT or ENHANCED it means that BA is trying to screw you. </font>
Sounds like Gordo is working his magic on Rod.

I've seen this happen several years ago LHR-CAI. They subbed a short haul 767 in place of the long haul three class 767. Every one was basically given an economy seat. Just hope anyone on full/award Club/First tickets got a free First/Club ticket in compensation.
Old Jan 15, 04, 3:20 am

If I had a non-flexible club or first ticket for such a flight could I ask for a refund before the flight (then buying the cheapest eco ticket I could find). I'd be mighty cheesed off that the service paid for couldnt be provided.

Any compensation flight would be at BA's 'discretion' which means 'isnt to be relied upon'

Any thoughts ?
Old Jan 15, 04, 8:03 am

Programs: Mucci Gold Class
Wow. I can't believe they actually used the 'e' word again! By 'e' do they mean they will put a short haul plane (ie coach seats with a moving curtain) on the route, and just provide better catering?

I did TLV once before they reclassified it as long haul. That was back in the days when a CE seat really was a CE seat, and even that was a little difficult on the night flight.
Old Jan 15, 04, 3:46 pm
dnw

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by whmere:
By 'e' do they mean they will put a short haul plane (ie coach seats with a moving curtain) on the route, and just provide better catering?</font>
Yup. Imagine the shock for those with full fare-F tickets! they better have the $11,000 MCOs pre-printed

Search this Thread