FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Concorde Room Qs (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/35518-concorde-room-qs.html)

oiRRio Jan 2, 2004 7:38 pm

Concorde Room Qs

Two quick questions
1) Have there been any changes i.e. “enhancements” to the lounge since Concorde stopped flying?

2) Searching through the threads it seems entry is limited to First class pax and BA Golds. However there isn’t much info wrt guests. If I’m an AA EXP travelling on a F award will I be able to bring in my mother if she’s travelling on a J award (no OW status). I’m aware that we will both have access to the MB Spa and First lounge.

MikeFly Jan 2, 2004 8:09 pm

Along the same lines, I am flying in F out of JFK on January 13. Is the JFK Concorde Room still open? What level of amenities remain?

Thanks in advance for an update.

Hoboken1K Jan 2, 2004 8:59 pm

This may be related only tangentially, but I was F-class on QF JFK-SYD last month expecting access to the BA F/R lounge, but no go. They've created a special "F" lounge in the terminal for BA-handled non-BA flights. It is carved out of the existing C-class Terraces lounge up the escalator from security. The lounge is lovely, and at least meets all expectations for a F-lounge, but it doesn't come close to the R lounge.

------------------
- Bob

Dave Noble Jan 2, 2004 9:11 pm

"They've created a special "F" lounge in the terminal for BA-handled non-BA flights. It is carved out of the existing C-class Terraces lounge up the escalator from security. The lounge is lovely, and at least meets all expectations for a F-lounge, but it doesn't come close to the R lounge."

I thought that there always was one. Only BA 1st passengers are entitled to visit the Concorde Room, others never have been

Dave
[/B][/QUOTE]

Frequentflyer99 Jan 3, 2004 12:51 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Dave Noble:
"They've created a special "F" lounge in the terminal for BA-handled non-BA flights. It is carved out of the existing C-class Terraces lounge up the escalator from security. The lounge is lovely, and at least meets all expectations for a F-lounge, but it doesn't come close to the R lounge."

I thought that there always was one. Only BA 1st passengers are entitled to visit the Concorde Room, others never have been

Dave
</font>
[/B][/QUOTE]

I have never been clear whether BA Golds are entitled to use the Concorde lounge when flying BA but not in F. Can anyone please clarify ?

thadocta Jan 3, 2004 1:56 am

BA have always been really funny as far as lounges go - OWE are entitled to access F lounges, so BA have F flounges, which all F paxs and OWE are entitled to access. THey then have gone and created better lounges, which are only for those actually flying in F, as well as BA OWE members - but they aren't F lounges, you just need to be flying in F or be a BA OWE to get in there. This distinction is to stop the great unwashed (OWE from OTHER oneworld carriers) from being granted admission to these hallowed halls.

A good thing it is that other oneworld carriers can see how stupid this is, and have both First and Normal lounges, admitting F and OWE to the Firts lounges, and J and OWS to the Normal lounges. Prevents any confuzzlement.

Dave

Dave Noble Jan 3, 2004 2:28 am

"BA have always been really funny as far as lounges go - OWE are entitled to access F lounges, so BA have F flounges, which all F paxs and OWE are entitled to access. THey then have gone and created better lounges, which are only for those actually flying in F, as well as BA OWE members - but they aren't F lounges, you just need to be flying in F or be a BA OWE to get in there."

Concorde Rooms only exist at 2 locations so it's hardly a general thing. Are BA Golds entitled to Concorde Room access anyway? They used to be more strict about Concorde Room access in that it required to be travelling 1st class plus be Gold, but that seems to have been dropped

"A good thing it is that other oneworld carriers can see how stupid this is, and have both First and Normal lounges, admitting F and OWE to the Firts lounges, and J and OWS to the Normal lounges. Prevents any confuzzlement."

who says they see this as stupid? It isn't as if Qantas has its own method of elitism. QF CLs get their own lounges at AU domestic airports. Is this really any different in concept? The unwashed masses don't get into the CLs

Dave

oyster Jan 3, 2004 4:28 am

As I know it, the Concorde Rooms are for F passengers only. Not J passengers with Gold cards or any other combination.

Kate_Canuck Jan 3, 2004 7:28 am

The last time I was at Heathrow, the BA agent in the Concorde Room said it was available only for "paid F" class passengers. The First Lounge was available for OWEs and BA Golds. The regular lounge was available to Silvers, Club passengers, etc.

oiRRio Jan 3, 2004 8:14 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by oyster:
As I know it, the Concorde Rooms are for F passengers only. Not J passengers with Gold cards or any other combination.</font>
I presume this means that no guests are allowed i.e. all pax must be travelling in BA F to gain admittance.

Alpha Golf Jan 3, 2004 12:14 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Kate_Canuck:
The last time I was at Heathrow, the BA agent in the Concorde Room said it was available only for "paid F" class passengers. </font>
I was totally welcomed there on an award F ticket in July. In fact, the agent in the First lounge told me "Sir, you know you can use the Concorde Room."

dnw Jan 3, 2004 1:02 pm

Same day BA F boarding pass = Concorde Room access, irrespective of miles/fare/plastic'

'-with the exception of BA Premier I believe

MikeFly Jan 3, 2004 8:31 pm

OK - once we get into the Concorde Rooms (JFK or LHR) do they have the same amenities as prior to Concordes' retirement?

BRITISH AIRWAYS USA Jan 3, 2004 8:46 pm

Concorde Room:

First Class Passengers and/or
BA Prem MBR's (and up to 2 of their guests)

First Lounge:

First Class Passengers and/or
BA Gold/OneWorld Emerald

Rgds,
BA USA

oiRRio Jan 4, 2004 9:46 am

BA USA, thanks for the succint clarification.