Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA Serenity Lounge in Terminal 4: What the hell is it?

Old Jan 5, 2004, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)

I was passing through T4 a few weeks ago and I noticed that after I passed through security on the big board above the Customer information desk there were signs to the 'BA Serenity Lounge'. I believe it was dead opposite security (near gate 9 ??? I believe)

There isn't much talk of it on here and I wonder who uses it. Is it a kind of sleeping area? A large version of the Sanctuarys in the Terraces lounges
Old Jan 5, 2004, 9:57 am

Programs: BA Silver, HHonours Gold, Mucci of Pucci, Oyster Card, Nectar Card, Father's Day Card
When I first read your post I saw:

BA Senility Lounge!!! Guess the booze hasn't worked its way out of my system since Hogmany.

My immediate thought was it is the Sanctuary bit.....
Old Jan 5, 2004, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by edi-traveller:

BA Senility Lounge!!!
</font>
Not that far off, IIRC. I asked about this once and was I think told that it's a lounge for the more venerable pax. The gate agent who told me didn't vouchsafe any internal nicknames for it, of which I am sure there must be many.
Old Jan 5, 2004, 12:21 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Globaliser:
Originally posted by edi-traveller:

BA Senility Lounge!!!
</font>
Not that far off, IIRC. I asked about this once and was I think told that it's a lounge for the more venerable pax. The gate agent who told me didn't vouchsafe any internal nicknames for it, of which I am sure there must be many.
It is indeed a separate lounge for disabled passengers. Curiously it is located right next to another lounge 'Skyflyers' or something along those lines for unaccompanied minors
Old Jan 5, 2004, 1:59 pm

From what I remember of it doing my work experience at Heathrow a few years back, it's not really a lounge, so much as a quiet room where they put the kiddies and old people. I think it is open to anyone to use as a quiet place to sit down and get some rest.
Old Jan 5, 2004, 4:19 pm

Programs: BA Blue forever!
We saw it a few years ago when we had award CW tickets. It was rather dark with comfortable chairs that reclined, as I recall. However, I'd be afraid of falling asleep and missing the flight. I suppose the BA desk person could be asked to wake you.
Old Jan 5, 2004, 4:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
So is it open to anyone? What do you need for access?

-Silver status?
-CW ticket or above?
-Zimmerframe?
-A jetlagged looking face?

Old Jan 5, 2004, 4:46 pm

I've just checked on the BAA website and they describe it as being for "Special Needs" passengers.
Old Jan 5, 2004, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've been sent there a few times during flight disruptions as it was closer to the gate I was planned to leave from, it's nothing special, just a room with a TV, a view of the tarmac and some elderly people, UM's and disabled passengers, it also serves as a service point for the green jacket care providers wheeling these people around the terminal.
Old Jan 6, 2004, 6:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
I was amused to be shown this place when I worked for BA a few years ago. Basically it is there to prevent the elderly and confused from wandering off and cuasing delays.

Kind of like a big play pen for the senior citizen, makes life easier for the staff who then know where to find them when the flight is called.
Old Jan 6, 2004, 1:35 pm

Programs: QF Platinum (OW Emerald); QF Lifestime Silver; BD Diamond Club Gold (*A Gold)
Don't the drunk and uptite tend to cause more problems?
Old Jan 7, 2004, 7:47 am

Programs: Mucci Gold Class
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Dave_C:
..a quiet room where they put the kiddies and old people...</font>
A quiet room where you put kiddies?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.