FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   I met Pucci last week (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/35425-i-met-pucci-last-week.html)

filberts sst Dec 16, 2003 2:15 am

I’m a frequent SH and infrequent LH user. My current regular flight is MAN-FRA on Embraers and the crew are the best, they do a fantastic job in a limited space of time (not as much fun as the rugby ball service on the LHR-MAN route, that is a joy to behold). For a while I flew Lufthansa as they were the only carrier to fly direct STR-MAN, but when my job changed to the MAN-FRA route I started flying BA again and it was like seeing an old friend. The crews ‘tend’ to be younger and are always happy to chat. One kind FA even dimmed the cabin lights halfway through an early morning flight as she saw me watching a DVD !

My LH experience is limited but I’ve managed to fly in all premium BA cabins (ex- WT+) and report that the experience is 50/50. I like FAs to be attentive realising there are other people on the aircraft, so I don’t consider myself too demanding. My last F flight had me reaching for the call button time after time because the FAs were nowhere to be seen, they had a real ‘couldn’t be bothered attitude’ to them and made you feel as if you were interrupting them. The other 50 % of the time the service is top rate with FAs subtly prowling the premium cabins for passengers in need.

So while the service on 50% of my long-haul flights has been truly excellent, I would say this applies to 99% of my short-hauls. Needless to say I have no intention of working outside of Europe for the time being.

Jenbel Dec 16, 2003 4:31 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by JuPe:

My friend who was on BA MEX-LHR a couple of weeks ago, experienced a one hour delay leaving MEX, because the crew was in a traffic jam. When the crew arrived they were very nervous but once onboard the service was normal and friendly. Amazing that all 300+ passengers could make it ontime, but the crew could not. The official excuse was that BA cannot influence on when they are picked up from their hotel. The rumour onboard was that one crew member had arrived late for the pick up.
</font>
Also had this happen out of MEX - this time was because the crew were delayed by inclement weather - again, passengers noted that they had made it on time. But despite this, crew were memorable in the service they gave (I can't remember anything of the outbound, despite it being my first BA long-haul experience!)

PUCCI GALORE Dec 16, 2003 6:52 am

Boys, this may be my last post of the year - and I really appreciate, whmere, your charming and considerate thoughtfulness. I am off on my hols - right now. I may look in as I will probably go into complete withdrawal away from you (poor sad cow), but Imust quickly post this.

Remember my loves that the biggest difference between the outbound and the onward or return is Sleep Deprivation. Some can hack it, most of us have to, but if we have been messed about with the hotel, the pick up, the change of climate - we might not be the brightest sparks on the Christmas Tree. Please bear with us, it is not professional, but it does get to you sometimes (apart from Service changes and a myriad of other gubbins).

Now with that out of the way, Auntie Pucci wants to give all of you the biggest

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

for Christmas, and may 2004 bring you all the best of health and security as these things are not for sale.

God Bless you all - see you soon.

PG

Fraser Dec 16, 2003 9:03 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by whmere:
Either that or she has just lost her place as BA's best CSD.

- Happy and joking with everyone throughout
- Worked the F cabin, but introduced herself and chatted with everyone in a full J cabin (don't know if she did everyone on the plane, but she continued towards the back after doing us)
- Did some very entertaining announcements

etc etc

Was it you?
</font>
We must have had the same CSD. On my IAD flight last week she came to the upper deck and sat in the unused aisle seat next to me and spoke with me about my flight and purpose of trip.

whmere Dec 16, 2003 12:12 pm

Hang on. Is WT+ on the upper deck now? Two of my flights were transatlantic, but not on that route.

Fraser Dec 25, 2003 4:05 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by whmere:
Hang on. Is WT+ on the upper deck now? Two of my flights were transatlantic, but not on that route.</font>
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/confused.gif No, I was in CW

whmere Dec 26, 2003 9:58 am

Yes, well I know that now! http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/smile.gif But I'm sure I remembered you saying you were going in WT+ a while ago. Did you change your mind?