Travelocity and EC Miles?

Old Dec 15, 03, 5:16 am
  #1  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Feb 1999
Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Posts: 31,433
Travelocity and EC Miles?

Since BA's screwy web site still won't let me buy a European ticket as an American, I thought I'd try Travelocity to buy a LHR-LYS ticket. I found that even with a 2 day lead time, Travelocity is much cheaper than the BA website. Will I get BA Miles with such a ticket?

How about using my AA card. Would that be better?
stimpy is offline  
Old Dec 15, 03, 5:55 am
  #2  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 40,066
"Will I get BA Miles with such a ticket? "

you will get miles in accordance with the fare basis

"How about using my AA card. Would that be better?"

Only you can really answer that question. On AA you will get a min of 500 miles ( plus elite bonus if applicable ) whilst on BA you may get only 125 miles

Dave
Dave Noble is offline  
Old Dec 15, 03, 6:44 am
  #3  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: London and Zurich
Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
Posts: 13,609
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Dave Noble:
On AA you will get a min of 500 miles ( plus elite bonus if applicable ) whilst on BA you may get only 125 miles

Dave
</font>
Dave,

Does the AA 500 mile minimum also apply to the so-called 'discount' classes G, K, L, M, N, O, Q, S, V - only 25% miles since 1 July 03?

Thanks.
Roger is offline  
Old Dec 15, 03, 2:14 pm
  #4  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 126
stimpy, the company I work for paid some of my recent inter-European flights on BA through Travelocity and there was no problem in getting the mileage. Like you, our travel department wasn't very happy about the BA site either.
hal1050 is offline  
Old Dec 24, 03, 3:07 am
  #5  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: London and Zurich
Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
Posts: 13,609
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Roger:
Dave,

Does the AA 500 mile minimum also apply to the so-called 'discount' classes G, K, L, M, N, O, Q, S, V - only 25% miles since 1 July 03?

Thanks.
</font>
Answering my own question, I see that there is a change on the AAdvantage page for BA, which now reads in part (my bolding):

Earn a minimum of 500 AAdvantage® miles each time you purchase and fly on a published eligible fare ticket on British Airways, a member of the oneworld alliance, except for miles earned on eligible Discount Economy Class Fares, which (effective January 1, 2004) will be 25% of the normal minimum, or 125 AAdvantage miles.
Roger is offline  
Old Dec 24, 03, 4:24 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: UK (currently)
Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
Posts: 6,409
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Roger:
Answering my own question, I see that there is a change on the AAdvantage page for BA, which now reads in part (my bolding):

Earn a minimum of 500 AAdvantage® miles each time you purchase and fly on a published eligible fare ticket on British Airways, a member of the oneworld alliance, except for miles earned on eligible Discount Economy Class Fares, which (effective January 1, 2004) will be 25% of the normal minimum, or 125 AAdvantage miles.
</font>

Which just proves that when it comes to enhancements, BA is streets ahead of its competitors. Where BA leads, others follow ....
Frequentflyer99 is offline  
Old Dec 24, 03, 4:39 am
  #7  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: London and Zurich
Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
Posts: 13,609
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Frequentflyer99:

Which just proves that when it comes to enhancements, BA is streets ahead of its competitors. Where BA leads, others follow ....
</font>

Roger is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread