New All-Day Deli offerings

Old Dec 17, 2003, 7:35 am
Original Poster

New All-Day Deli offerings

Just flown MAN-LHR, my first domestic flight in a couple of weeks and instead of the usual sandwich or chicken (c)wrap, we all got a slice of apple/peach tart. It was a bit of a suprise but turned out to be quite nice.

This was a 'rotation 5' meal according to a slip of paper inside the bag.

Anybody else seen any other new offerings?

------------------
Old Dec 17, 2003, 8:18 am

apple pie the other day LHR/CDG

return offered either apple pie or veggies with dip and a little package of bread sticks-the choice was sweet or savory as announced by the flight attendant
Old Dec 17, 2003, 8:32 am

Programs: BA Silver, HHonours Gold, Mucci of Pucci, Oyster Card, Nectar Card, Father's Day Card
This is the Deli Box concept which was rolled onto Dom Flights on 11th Dec.

I've not seen one yet as they are still serving hot breakfasts before 9am and "mini-Club Europe" salad meals after 4pm.

I think that the longer the sector the more you get in the box. Cold sandwiches or hot sandwiches.
Old Dec 17, 2003, 1:33 pm

Programs: BA
Do they still put too much mayonnaise on the apple pie ??!!
Old Dec 17, 2003, 3:35 pm
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
Was suitably impressed by the Y food on an LHR-WAW-LHR return last week.

A hot panini both ways (hmm, wonder who they're trying to mimic there...) with no mayonnaise in sight! Accompanied by a 'deli box' of muffin, chocolate bar (sadly Nestl, so avoided), fruit salad and a couple of drinks rounds.

Hmm, maybe it's sad that I see this as a 'good' meal, but in comparison with the competition, and for what I needed to fill me up at the time, it did the job much nicer than the old Deli bags.
Old Dec 18, 2003, 5:12 am

BA714 LHR-ZRH on Monday departure time was 11.25 but with Heathrow being busy we only left around 12.10. When the apricot tart came out I heard a lot of comments about where the sandwiches are.

Unfortunately it was a 'rotation 5' flight too (how bizzar to actually write this on the little note going to the customer!!).

Well, it will bet a nice Pret to take away next time. Guess they are trying to get closer to Swiss.... mmm?
Old Dec 18, 2003, 6:45 am

Programs: Mucci Des Oeufs Brouilles et des Canards
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Swiss Spice:
Guess they are trying to get closer to Swiss.... mmm?</font>
I thought that there was something on these boards that someone picked up on that BA will be "enhancing" it's food on the Swiss flights to "match" what Swiss offer.

If you want to have a look at what the all day deli box of goodies looks like, go to www.airlinemeals.net and look at BA pic 181. The roll had an expiry date of April 2004 so I expect they've bulk purchased these for the various rotations!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.