Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

OLCI Not Available if a Child is Part of the Booking

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2003, 11:09 am
Original Poster

Hi:

Recently tried to do OLCI for a JFK/LHR/TLV trip and OLCI thru ba.com would not allow us to pick seats.

Something about the fact that there is a child as part of the booking reference (PNR) (family of three traveling together).

Anyone else encounter this problem? I am wondering if on future trips we should split the family into two separate PNR's

"zoosh"
Old Dec 16, 2003, 11:12 am

Programs: BA Gold; VA Velocity Gold; LH FTL; Marriott Gold; ICHG Platinum AMB; Hilton Gold
The UK has very, very strict rules about checking the IDs of children and the adults acompanying them. This is especially so where one parent only is accompanying the child (lots of cases of disgruntled parent taking children to a faraway country without their partner's knowledge).

I would imagine that any booking including a child would be unable to use OLCI for this reason, and that splitting the bookings up could actually lead to more questions at the airport.
Old Dec 16, 2003, 1:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

OLCI is not available to those under 16, in fact , on the check in web page it says

"Availability of Online Check-in is restricted to customers over 16 years of age. Please acknowledge you are over 16 by checking the box on the right"

Dave
Old Dec 17, 2003, 2:27 am

I had this earlier this year on a MAN-LHR-JFK trip with my daughter.

We were in premium cabins and paid for the tickets a long time prior to departure so I reserved seats on the long-haul segment. As I couldnt reserve the MAN-LHR segment, I waited until 24 hours before departure (we were at the airport anyway, but I could have phoned if not), and simply asked for two seats together near the front (single class flight). I did explain I simply wanted us together for the flight, but they did mention they would have done everything to keep us together regardless of how full the flight was (implied that seats were already reserved for the domestic portion).

In all honesty I wouldnt worry, just contact BA 24 hours prior.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.