Too late for latest Tesco points giveaway ?

Old Nov 17, 03, 7:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
Too late for latest Tesco points giveaway ?

How did this one escape us all ?? Or did I miss it whilst abroad ??

A repeat of the 4,000 miles for a Tesco life insurance policy but :-

"Points will be awarded one month after your first months premium has been received. To receive 4,000 Clubcard points you must have a valid Clubcard or you agree that Tesco Stores Ltd may use your information to open a Clubcard in your name. If you do not want a Clubcard you must advise us of this. You will receive 4000 Clubcard points which will be converted into 40.00 in Clubcard Vouchers and sent to you with your Clubcard Statement. Apply online between 1st October to 16th November 2003."

It seems like I am a day too late !! Damm !!
Old Nov 17, 03, 7:21 am

Programs: BA Silver, HHonours Gold, Mucci of Pucci, Oyster Card, Nectar Card, Father's Day Card
This is an interesting one. Do you get the points clawed back if you go on to cancel the life policy.

The life company behind Tesco will pay Tesco commission based on the premium but will claw that back if the plan lapses in the first couple of years.

Not a bad deal for a tenners worth of life cover (which you should probably keep as we are all under-insured anyway!!)
Old Nov 17, 03, 7:28 am
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by edi-traveller:
This is an interesting one. Do you get the points clawed back if you go on to cancel the life policy.

The life company behind Tesco will pay Tesco commission based on the premium but will claw that back if the plan lapses in the first couple of years.

Not a bad deal for a tenners worth of life cover (which you should probably keep as we are all under-insured anyway!!)
</font>
Absolutely not ! Took out 3 policies when they had this offer earlier in the year. Paid only 5 on each and then cancelled. Points awarded with no problems. Thats why its so annoying to have missed it again ...

Old Nov 17, 03, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Frequentflyer99:
Absolutely not ! Took out 3 policies when they had this offer earlier in the year. Paid only 5 on each and then cancelled. Points awarded with no problems. Thats why its so annoying to have missed it again ...

</font>
5 to get 4,000 clubcard points

That is a fine offer

So a F ticket to the US is 150,000 miles or 93750 Clubcard points or 24 insurance policies, = 120
Old Nov 17, 03, 7:35 am
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by fbgdavidson:

That is a fine offer

So a F ticket to the US is 150,000 miles or 93750 Clubcard points or 24 insurance policies, = 120
</font>
YES !!! But why did nobody post this. It got extensive cover here when the offer came up 6 months ago. One can only hope that this is to become a regular feature.

Old Nov 17, 03, 7:48 am

There is an issue (I think) that you can only put one policy on per clubcard.

I bought a policy for myself and one for my girlfriend. Quoted my clubcard for each policy and only one set of 4000 points came through.

Eventually discovered I had to get her her own clubcard and call TPF to have the points transfered.

This means (presumably - haven't yet got her points) we'll have to make sure we use her card extensively so it is the premium account this quarter.

(Mind you - maybe if you had two policies in the same name on a single club card perhaps the points would go through....)

Old Nov 17, 03, 7:53 am

Programs: BA Blue. 19300 Lifetime TPs
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by fbgdavidson:

That is a fine offer

</font>
In theory; though I think some people indicated last time

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum15/HTML/003442.html

that (big) multiple-buyers were being queried. As, I guess, might those of us who bought-and-cancelled last time - had any of us seen it this time and applied.

[This message has been edited by fraisse10 (edited Nov 17, 2003).]
Old Nov 17, 03, 7:54 am
Original Poster

I got 2 cards for myself (with different addresses) and one for my wife. If one had the energy, once could presumably do this many time over.
Old Nov 17, 03, 8:56 am

Just spoke to Tesco's...

Apparently, the 4,000 clubcard points offer has indeed expired, although there is an in-store campaign "code" that gives you 2,500 as an alternative. I think they're expecting the 4,000 point offer to return shortly.

Interestingly, asked the advisor about purchasing multiple sets of insurance and she said that that was no problem. Points "would be awarded per application, even if the customer had 3, 5 or 10 applications" was the news from her...
Old Nov 17, 03, 8:58 am

Programs: CX Gold, SPG Plat, PC Plat, TAP Gold
I think from later this month they are changing the life insurance offer. This time it will be for 52 vouchers for double points in-store.

Not sure whether it includes bonus points from biscuits in-store though!!
Old Nov 23, 03, 2:43 pm

Programs: BA Blue.
The Tesco website - is certainly indicating the offer has been extended - can anyone confirm before Wednesday?

* Points will be awarded one month after your first months premium has been received. To receive 4,000 Clubcard points you must have a valid Clubcard or you agree that Tesco Stores Ltd may use your information to open a Clubcard in your name. If you do not want a Clubcard you must advise us of this. You will receive 4000 Clubcard points which will be converted into 40.00 in Clubcard Vouchers and sent to you with your Clubcard Statement. Apply online between 1st October to 26th November 2003. 40.00 in Clubcard Vouchers can be converted into 640 AIR MILES which is enough for one return flight from London to Paris (plus approximately 31 taxes, fees, charges and security charge in cash
Old Nov 24, 03, 4:37 am

Programs: BA Blue. 19300 Lifetime TPs
Seems so. I've just applied; the offer is still there.
Old Nov 24, 03, 4:45 am
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by fraisse10:
Seems so. I've just applied; the offer is still there.</font>
Yes but the problem it that it was still there last week after it expired, and now although one page says it is still current, the next page does not. I think I will call Tesco and see what they say. Perhaps others can do likewise to ensure consistency of response !

Search this Thread