Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What happened to quality control?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2003, 2:04 pm
Original Poster

What happened to quality control?

I'm a gold card member who travels most of the time in economy or wt+ and almost always pay full fare. This is my experience on four recent flights, all in economy:
1. On a flight from LHR to Istanbul, the reading light on my wife's seat was burned out.
2. On a flight from LHR to JFK, my reading light was burned out.
3. On the flight back from JFK to LHR, in a bulkhead seat, the swivel on the TV monitor was broken and the flight attendant had to use tape to keep the screen in place.

Has anyone else noticed the poor maintenance in economy class these days?
Old Nov 17, 2003, 2:16 pm

Programs: A variety of precious-metal themed cards; MUCCI
No - but I've noticed that every single pair of headphones I've been given in J or F has either not worked at all on one side or has had a rattling driver. On one recent JFK-LHR flight I tried 3 different sets - all had one problem or another.

Anyway, I've given up using the BA supplied product and now use my own (noise-cancelling) phones.
Old Nov 17, 2003, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by J-Class:
Anyway, I've given up using the BA supplied product and now use my own (noise-cancelling) phones.</font>
Bang & Olufsen all the way

b100dy good earphones and stylish too, shame they arent noise cancelling but what the heck
Old Nov 17, 2003, 3:15 pm

....Sorry people!

The airline has cut heads on the front-line, which includes engineers responsible for routine maintenance. Given the speeded-up airline rotations (because our management percieve easyJetas the role model) as well, the poor lads and lasses can't keep up with the workload!
Old Nov 17, 2003, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by bealine:
easyJet as the role model</font>
easyjet as a role model for BA, hopefully thats only in the turnaround department. I couldnt bear to see an FA dressed in an orange spacesuit for a longhaul flight

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.