Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No miles credited on Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2003, 2:14 am
norodnik

No miles credited on Upgrade

As per my last thread. I upgraded a ticket from WT+ to J using miles.

According to the T&C's on BA's website, I should get miles etc for the actual class of ticket paid for (WT+).

However, the milage statement has me flying in J but on a U class (mileage club) ticket.

I realise that upgrades come out of the same bucket as free tickets but its another example of BA saying one thing and doing another

Old Nov 8, 2003, 2:20 am

Programs: Sir CT-UK - Streaker pour les autres.
I think this is more of a error than anything else. Just phone the EC and they should credit you WT+ miles.

I think the problem is the wy the system is set up as soon as U is entered it gives your zip.
Old Nov 8, 2003, 4:49 am
dnw

Agree with CT, EC should change this for you. I'm sure I read that someone had got it posted correctly as J/W or J/T... perhaps they broke this when they messed around with the WT+ codes the other day (and then backtracked)..?
Old Nov 9, 2003, 8:22 am

I'm having a little royal fight with the EC on this one. This happened to me a couple of months ago. Rang EC, said no problem, known issue and it will be sorted. Twasn't, logged on and did a claim missing miles, still no change. Emailed BA EC, they responded by asking me to send in my boarding passes and ticket receipt. I replying saying NO, this is a known problem and surely their computer knows I booked WT+.

Another reply saying 'no they don't', they just see it as an upgrade U class.....

I haven't had time to call them again but will soon.

(It doesn't help I no longer have my boarding passes!)

Hey ho

[This message has been edited by DCBritboy (edited 11-09-2003).]
Old Nov 9, 2003, 9:24 am
dnw

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by DCBritboy:
Another reply saying 'no they don't', they just see it as an upgrade U class.....
</font>

I'd reply again saying that seeing as they have no record of my payment for WT+ I will be in touch with my credit card company for a refund. Bet they'd fix it pretty **** quick then.
Old Nov 9, 2003, 12:58 pm

Programs: Executive Club :-)
In any cases like this my advice is too call. Always, always, always call! I know this isn't very helpfull for people who are busy a lot of the time but if you e-mail a query like this then 9 times out of 10 you will get a response like send the boarding cards in or something similar, the e-mail team in india don't have authority to do anything like removing a U class flight from an account and adding a W one. Flights not being credited properly in these circumstances is a known issue, it sounds like in the above posters case someone on the telephones dropped the ball, unfortunate but sometimes it does happen. So my advice, call them up!
Old Nov 9, 2003, 1:15 pm

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Maws22:
In any cases like this my advice is too call. Always, always, always call! I know this isn't very helpfull for people who are busy a lot of the time but if you e-mail a query like this then 9 times out of 10 you will get a response like send the boarding cards in or something similar, the e-mail team in india don't have authority to do anything like removing a U class flight from an account and adding a W one. Flights not being credited properly in these circumstances is a known issue, it sounds like in the above posters case someone on the telephones dropped the ball, unfortunate but sometimes it does happen. So my advice, call them up!</font>

How is it that emails to the UK EC get answred from India, but emails to the EU EC get answred from Germany (even if the message is in English) ? Is this just a language issue ?
Old Nov 9, 2003, 1:22 pm

Programs: Executive Club :-)
I believe it is a language issue but I could not say with certainty as I don't know! We get a lot of favourable comments about the EU e-mail team as they are usually quick and they have some authority to get things done! Despite this the top bods at BA still insist on routing things through India even though they are useless! I guess the money men really are running things.

[This message has been edited by Maws22 (edited 11-09-2003).]
Old Nov 9, 2003, 3:17 pm

Thanks all, I shall call again when back in the US, I'm once again doing the Atlantic Bus again this week to LHR.

Alas, this one is in WT+, run short of miles for a while.

Cheers
Old Nov 10, 2003, 4:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
When I joined EC I was quite on claiming back 14,000 odd miles I had from a month or two back and they said:

1. Fill out the missing miles claim form online

If that doesnt work....

2. Send us copies of your boarding passes and we will credit the miles.

I have a MFU (WT+ to CW) coming up and hope I dont end up having the same trolley load of crap as DCBritboy, incidentally to IAD as well

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.