Wiki Posts
Search

Every members' year ends on the 8th?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2003, 11:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA (sigh) Blue (thanks strikers). Arsenal Gold
Every members' year ends on the 8th?

I was poking through BA.com today when I noticed my year end date had moved from the 31st of November to the 8th of December. I called and they said "everyone's end date has been moved to the 8th of the month."

If only they had moved to the 15th I would be able to keep my silver card. Just one stinking week. AGH!
Old Nov 8, 2003, 1:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Ask them if they can move it, there was a thread here and if you are within a couple of days of retaining / attaining status then they can move your membership.
Old Nov 8, 2003, 2:23 pm

Related question: Since I reached Silver, I acheived 500+ tier points, but switched my accumulation to AA after that. My card is set to expire in Feb, 2004. Will I be sent another Silver card with a 2005 expiration for passing the renewal threshold?
Old Nov 8, 2003, 4:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

"Related question: Since I reached Silver, I acheived 500+ tier points, but switched my accumulation to AA after that. My card is set to expire in Feb, 2004. Will I be sent another Silver card with a 2005 expiration for passing the renewal threshold?[/B]"

If I understand correctly, in Feb 2003 you attained enough points to get silver and your year reset with you as silver and since then you attained enough points to renew silver? If this is the case, then yes, you will receive a new card to last you until Feb 2005.

Dave
Old Nov 8, 2003, 6:29 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Dave Noble:
"Related question: Since I reached Silver, I acheived 500+ tier points, but switched my accumulation to AA after that. My card is set to expire in Feb, 2004. Will I be sent another Silver card with a 2005 expiration for passing the renewal threshold?"

If I understand correctly, in Feb 2003 you attained enough points to get silver and your year reset with you as silver and since then you attained enough points to renew silver? If this is the case, then yes, you will receive a new card to last you until Feb 2005.

Dave[/B]</font>
Given the above renewal scenario, may there not be situations where one wants to actively avoid making Gold?

For example:

You join BAEC. Within c. 2 months you accumulate enough points to be silver and enough additional points to re-qualify for silver. You now have basically c. 24 months of silver status and universal OneWorld business class lounge access, etc. If 2 months later (i.e., within c. 4 months of joining) you hit Gold, you have c. 12 months of Gold from that qualifying date, and then nothing. So moving up to Gold would give you just c. 14 months of status benefits.

Am I right or do Gold's just move down to Silver the following membership year?

[This message has been edited by GUWonder (edited 11-08-2003).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.