Goodbye from Maws

Old Sep 22, 03, 4:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Executive Club :-)
Goodbye from Maws

It's been fun while it lasted, I would just like to thank all the nice e-mails that I have had during my short tenure on FT, they were and still are very much apprectiated. Safe travels everyone!

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum71/HTML/018465.html
Old Sep 22, 03, 4:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Sorry to hear you are off Maws22

Without being daft where does this thread fit in? I hope some daft prat hasn't caused you to scurry back to Waterworld

Take care
Fraser
Old Sep 22, 03, 5:24 pm

Sad to see you go... your postings here in the BA board were always insightful and helped us a lot.

Maybe you can return one day? Maybe the day when avek00 leaves FT?
Old Sep 22, 03, 5:29 pm

Sad to see you go as well. I hope you aren't letting a certain someone's dribble get to you. I don't disagree with your concern at all however.

Please consider returning (either now or) when you see the right time.
Old Sep 22, 03, 5:32 pm

don't go...ignore idiots like this.
Old Sep 22, 03, 5:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Maws, don't go... please?

If it's any help I'd be GLAD to offer a free anonymizer service for you so you can post here without EVER having to be scared of people tracking you down.
Old Sep 22, 03, 6:27 pm

Programs: BA Silver, HHonours Gold, Mucci of Pucci, Oyster Card, Nectar Card, Father's Day Card
Thanks for all your good advice and good luck.
Old Sep 22, 03, 6:30 pm

Programs: TransitionMetal HyperElite Card(tm)
Maws:

I'm going to be frank:

Avek00 spouts a great deal of nonsense on this board. He pontificates about subjects on which he has little or no factual basis (He has the lowest possible status on his favourite airline - he doesn't even fly 50000 miles a year on his number one carrier, whom he frquently states can do little to no wrong :rolleyes : ). He is widely ignored as a persistant "flamebaiter"; except by a few (Like Glen [Ozstamps]) who get in a real huff with him.

Please don't let one persistent trouble maker drive a valuable contributer away. You would just be encouraging people like him.

I ask in all humbleness that you stay on.

Regards,
Alex [The moral high ground comes with a flame extinguisher]

[This message has been edited by alexwuk (edited 09-23-2003).]
Old Sep 22, 03, 9:16 pm

Ditto regarding Ft'er Earl (Avek00). He is without a doubt one of the biggest trolls on FT, never flies, which unfortunately means that he devotes his entire time to stirring the pot here on FT.

Please to not believe a single word of the useless drivel this person types.

Your insights were most helpful, and I would most certainly be sorry to see you go, esspecially due to some comment by the village idiot, Avek00.
Old Sep 22, 03, 9:36 pm
Suspended

Programs: Loyal to Myself
This business of "outing" has to come to a stop. It is too dangerous to be allowed to proceed. It is now more than an anamoly, and has grown into a regular feature of life on Flyertalk.

I think we should look among our own expertise to protect members of our community who are subject to implicit or explicit threats against their livelihood.

Surely there is an attorney among us who would be willing to file suit against anyone acting against a member in this fashion, and issue a subpoena to obtain the real identity of the person making such threats?

I think about 10 minutes of being on the pointy end of such an action would cause the immaturity level to be reduced substantially.
Old Sep 22, 03, 11:30 pm
Suspended

Programs: I do this for a living.
Sorry to see Avek's none-too-subtle threat caused you to leave Maws. I am sorry to see you go.

To the other members of this community: Don't you think [email protected] ought to know how you feel about this turn of events and the person responsible?

------------------
Continental Airlines and bankruptcy: The third time will be the charm!
Old Sep 22, 03, 11:35 pm
Suspended

Location: Promoted to Chairman of the Most Wonderful Continental Airlines Highly Valuable OnePass Program Security and Ideological Purity Bureau
Otto:

I emailed Maws several hours ago and made quite clear that I had NO malicious intentions in mind when I made that post in the AA forum. I simply pointed out the fact that some airline employees have run into trouble because of posting on FT -- even JonNYC, who is no ally of mine by any means, agreed that it was not a threat.

------------------
Has YOUR airline won an award lately?
Old Sep 22, 03, 11:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by JohnG:

Ditto regarding Ft'er Earl (Avek00). He is without a doubt one of the biggest trolls on FT, never flies, which unfortunately means that he devotes his entire time to stirring the pot here on FT.

Please to not believe a single word of the useless drivel this person types.

Your insights were most helpful, and I would most certainly be sorry to see you go, esspecially due to some comment by the village idiot, Avek00. </font>
Well said.

avek00 has just returned from a far too brief (IMO) "holiday" from FT, and I for one had really and truly hoped he might come back with a different attitude. It would have good for FT if he had.

His very first post back contained a lie, and it has gone downhill from there.

Sadly, nothing whatever has changed in his posting pattern that I have seen.

Sorry to hear he has gotten to you in this way Maws22.

Old Sep 22, 03, 11:46 pm
Suspended

Location: Promoted to Chairman of the Most Wonderful Continental Airlines Highly Valuable OnePass Program Security and Ideological Purity Bureau
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ozstamps:
Well said. &lt;IMG SRC="http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thumbsup.gif"&gt;

avek00 has just returned from a far too brief (IMO) "holiday" from FT, and I for one had really and truly hoped he might come back with a different attitude. It would have good for FT if he had.

His very first post back contained a lie, and it has gone downhill from there.

Sadly, nothing whatever has changed in his posting pattern that I have seen.

Sorry to hear he has gotten to you in this way Maws22.

</font>
The Community also hoped that your yearlong holiday and TWO lifetime bans would have stopped you from attacking others - alas, that did not work.

Anyways, I hope that Maws continues to participate in the FT experience, as a lurker if not as a poster. Although his/her current employment might preclude commentary on "everything", I hope that Maws will nonetheless find our comments and insights valuable.

------------------
Has YOUR airline won an award lately?

[This message has been edited by avek00 (edited 09-22-2003).]
Old Sep 22, 03, 11:50 pm
Suspended

Programs: I do this for a living.
To Avek:

I would send an email to respond to your post addressing me, but since you don't post yours, I will reply here.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Maws22
I wish I was being dramatic, but when there is talk of harming a career because I post about my company then I take that kind of seriously even if it does come from Avek. Why risk a career because one FTer does not like what I have to say, or because we have a differance of opinion, it would take one e-mail or one phone call and it would all come to an end. </font>
For all your backtracking, it was pretty clear to Maws then and to me now what your threat was. I think it was despicable.

------------------
Continental Airlines and bankruptcy: The third time will be the charm!

Search this Thread