Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

November LHR Lounge Options--Concorde Lounge?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2003, 10:05 am
Original Poster

Am flying BA F BOS-LHR-HKG/NRT-LHR-BOS in November, and am wondering what the best options would be for lounges in LHR with my 2h10m LHR-HKG conx and my 1h25m LHR-BOS conx. Any recommendations...and is the LHR Concorde lounge going to remain as such with availability made to F passengers? Thanks!
Old Oct 8, 2003, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Was in the Concorde lounge last month. Flying BA First - no problem walking right in with the BP.

If you are arriving at T4, the lounge is opposite Gate 10. If you are arriving at T1, be prepared for a long schlepp/security/customs/bus ride/schlepp to T4.

Maybe move to BA forum?

[This message has been edited by BigLar (edited 10-08-2003).]
Old Oct 8, 2003, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
BOS, HKG and NRT flights are all at T4, so no problems. I've heard nothing about changes to the Concorde Room - and it would be sacrilege if there were. If you're actually flying First, you should use the Concorde Room in preference to the First lounge, by all accounts.

And yes, come over to the BA forum for more insights.

[Edited to add:] TBS (below) is right about the NRT flights. I hadn't noticed your travel dates.

[This message has been edited by Globaliser (edited 10-08-2003).]
Old Oct 8, 2003, 10:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Welcome to Flyertalk, dpeak!

I think you'll find the best answers to your questions over in Flyertalk's British Airways forum. I'll move this post over there for you -- see the link in Globaliser's post above.

Regards,
Gary
aka gleff
MilesBuzz and Delta moderator
Old Oct 8, 2003, 12:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

However, according to the BA website;

http://www.britishairways.com/travel...o/public/en_gb

The two NRT flights will move from Terminal 4 to Terminal 1 as from 26th October.

This will only affect your return flight ( arrive from NRT at Terminal 1 then head to Terminal 4 for your BOS flight).

You will still get the Concorde lounge at departures in T4 both ways ( to HKG and then to BOS)

Regards

TBS
Old Oct 8, 2003, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by The _Banking_Scot:
The two NRT flights will move from Terminal 4 to Terminal 1 as from 26th October.

This will only affect your return flight ( arrive from NRT at Terminal 1 then head to Terminal 4 for your BOS flight).
</font>
I wouldn't be so cavalier about getting from T1 to T4. We arrived from NCE at T1 (don't rmember which gate) and we walked for what seemed like forever until we could go through security (to exit?!) then out to the bus and over to T4 where we again went through security and made the semi-long walk to the Concorde Lounge.

The lounge was nice, but it sure seemed like it took forever to get there!.
Old Oct 9, 2003, 2:00 am

Closing this version of the thread as there's another one also being posted to.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.