Will this I trip earn me 100 Exec Club Points?!

Old Oct 6, 03, 10:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold...Aah how nice! HHonors Gold, Hyatt Diamond,AA Yellow + Tesco
Will this I trip earn me 100 Exec Club Points?!

Hi all,

I currently have 310 BA Exec Points but a WT+ from EDI to IAD will take me to 500. I need 100 points by 8th Dec to get Silver and ain't going to miss the chance! I have sussed that if I fly Business to London from EDI then on to Paris and direct from CDG back to EDI I should earn 100 points exactly! However BA want 600 for this trip. Expedia are quoting 360 for the same trip and in the rules it shows as an I class?

Do you know if this will still qualify for 20 Exec Points EDI to London (London City has been chosen as I haven't flown in to there). And then 40 for the Europe segments.

Please tell me others have done as stupid a thing as blow 350 to get Silver :-) I will make a weekend of it with my partner so it should be a fun weekend!

Rich
Old Oct 6, 03, 10:39 am

Programs: Sir CT-UK - Streaker pour les autres.
Yes you will get 100 points for this but surely you F trip to HKG will do?
Old Oct 6, 03, 11:19 am
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by CT-UK:
Yes you will get 100 points for this but surely you F trip to HKG will do?</font>
I would if it wasn't a BA Miles ticket!

Anyone got BA Exec points by mistake when on a BA Miles flight?

Rich
Old Oct 6, 03, 11:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Aerotec:
I would if it wasn't a BA Miles ticket!

Anyone got BA Exec points by mistake when on a BA Miles flight?

Rich
</font>
I can't comment on that.
Old Oct 6, 03, 12:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
I can quite categorically deny ever having received BAEC points on a BA Miles ticket.

However, if a question were being asked about full economy points and status credits in some unidentified non-U BA partner airline's scheme on an Air Miles ticket, I couldn't possibly comment either.

[This message has been edited by Globaliser (edited 10-06-2003).]
Old Oct 7, 03, 6:09 am
Original Poster

Hey ScottC!

So what are you implying? Might BA boob and issue the full Points and Miles. Now that would make my day! I won 2 Concorde tickets through the BA "Shopping the World" promo and the deal was no EC Tier points or BA Miles but they messed up ticketing and re-issued the tickets at the last moment so Dad and I earned a combined 55,000 BA Miles! I was well chuffed. Hence how I have enough points for this F to HKG for 2!

Rich
Old Oct 7, 03, 7:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
Aerotec - if you are doing this, make sure you book today, as it's the last day for the curent sale.

Edi-traveller posted in this thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum81/HTML/003748.html
that an I class EDI-LHR-NCE-LHR-EDI return only netted 90 tier points. That was on the 'old' tariff, so you might be able to work it out from there. I'm assuming he got 15 for the domestics and 30 for the internationals.
Old Oct 7, 03, 7:19 am

Programs: BA Silver, HHonours Gold, Mucci of Pucci, Oyster Card, Nectar Card, Father's Day Card
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Swiss Tony:
Aerotec - if you are doing this, make sure you book today, as it's the last day for the curent sale.

Edi-traveller posted in this thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum81/HTML/003748.html
that an I class EDI-LHR-NCE-LHR-EDI return only netted 90 tier points. That was on the 'old' tariff, so you might be able to work it out from there. I'm assuming he got 15 for the domestics and 30 for the internationals.
</font>
Yup - old rules 15+30+30+15. New rules should be 20+40+40+20 - at least that's what I'm hoping from my final city break of the year EDI-LHR-VIE-LHR-EDI booked in I.
Old Oct 7, 03, 7:27 am

Programs: BA Blue. 19300 Lifetime TPs
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Globaliser:
I can quite categorically deny ever having received BAEC points on a BA Miles ticket.

However, if a question were being asked about full economy points and status credits in some unidentified non-U BA partner airline's scheme on an Air Miles ticket, I couldn't possibly comment either.

[This message has been edited by Globaliser (edited 10-06-2003).]
</font>
Nor would they be the only airline that has done this, mentioning no TKs.....

Old Oct 7, 03, 7:37 am
Original Poster

Yeah,

Booked last night. Flying...

20 Pts: EDI to London City (LCY) as not flown in to there and should be fun but no Club Lounge.

40 Pts: LCY to CDG

40 Pts: CDG to EDI

So that will give me the 100 Pts I need. Does that seem about right!

Ticket price was 360

Why is it BA do not sell the I class? I had to book via Expedia.

Rich
Old Oct 7, 03, 11:23 am

Programs: BA Silver, HHonours Gold, Mucci of Pucci, Oyster Card, Nectar Card, Father's Day Card
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Aerotec:

Why is it BA do not sell the I class? I had to book via Expedia.
Rich
</font>
You should be able to get I Class if there is availability from ba.com by selecting Business(Club) lowest which will give you I then D then J depending upon what's left.

There have been all sorts of weird things happening on ba.com recently and many of us have found using expedia, airline network better.

....or even phoning EC and booking and getting them to waive the 10 extra because you can't get what you want off fare explorer.
Old Oct 7, 03, 11:25 am

20 Pts: EDI to London City (LCY) as not flown in to there and should be fun but no Club Lounge.
</font>
It's quite an experience on landing. If you come in and approach over Canary Wharf the angle of approach is much steeper than usual and quite scary. Apparantly the RJ100s had to be modified to allow for this.

It's Pepsi Max Big One time.......
Old Oct 9, 03, 12:54 am

Programs: QF Platinum (OW Emerald); QF Lifestime Silver; BD Diamond Club Gold (*A Gold)
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by edi-traveller:
You should be able to get I Class if there is availability from ba.com by selecting Business(Club) lowest which will give you I then D then J depending upon what's left.</font>
Is there a restriction stating that I fare need to be booked so many days in advance of travel, subject to availability? I ask because when hopping over to ARN last weekend, I tried to book an I fare on the same day of travel.

My TA advised me that the I fares had sold out, so imagine my surprise when 6 rows of CE contained just one person.

Search this Thread