Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA WT+ versus VS PE

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2003, 8:56 am

Programs: "Only" 50,000 TPs until BA GGLfL
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by BA Loyal:
IMHO seats 28B & J are the best value on the 747... £500 for a seat entirely on it's own - even in J you have to look at someone else while seated - these seats are great even if the flight is full.
VS's PE is good if upstairs... And slightly better food... But they are very similar. BA have regular cheap 3 week advance purchase T class which I use regularly.
I've been upgraded to J 5 times in the last 8 flights also (lowly Silver card).
</font>
Can 28 B/J be pre-assinged? If so: they are an extremely good choice for West-bound transatlantics (Right up there with CW IMHO).

Regards,
Alex

Old Oct 2, 2003, 8:46 pm

Programs: Mucci Gold Class
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by alexwuk:
Can 28 B/J be pre-assinged? If so: they are an extremely good choice for West-bound transatlantics (Right up there with CW IMHO).
</font>
Well, let's not exaggerate. . It isn't CW. But yes, I have been able to pre-assign the single WT+ seats in the past.
Old Oct 2, 2003, 8:51 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by BA Loyal:
I've been upgraded to J 5 times in the last 8 flights also (lowly Silver card). </font>
15 x

146 flights, 8 years: 1 x Y-J on blue; 0 x anything on Silver; 2 x J-F on Gold.

B#@$#rd. Bugger.
Old Oct 3, 2003, 6:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by whmere:
15 x

146 flights, 8 years: 1 x Y-J on blue; 0 x anything on Silver; 2 x J-F on Gold.

B#@$#rd. Bugger.
</font>
6 flights, 11months: 0 x Blue
Old Oct 3, 2003, 10:31 am

Programs: "Only" 50,000 TPs until BA GGLfL
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by whmere:
Well, let's not exaggerate. . It isn't CW. But yes, I have been able to pre-assign the single WT+ seats in the past.</font>
Frankly I found them to be far more comfortable for Reading / Watching TV / Generally being awake, than CW.

Of course going the other way it's no contest; and that's why CW is usually worth the premium over WT+.

Regards,
Alex

Old Oct 5, 2003, 9:14 am

Programs: BA/BD Gold/IC A/*Wood Gold - Certified BodyCombat and BodyPump Instructor
As far as grabbing 28A/K goes, I just used OLCI. Cabin was was wide open 23 hour before the flight and on the CAI-LHR leg was about 3/4 full.

Did get a nice pressie from BA - a dodgy tummy! And no, it was NOT food in Cairo itself.
Old Oct 7, 2003, 8:23 am

OLCI??????
Old Oct 7, 2003, 8:41 am

OCLI = On-Line Check-In
Old Oct 7, 2003, 8:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
On Line Check In, through the BA website. You can check in at -24 hours if you're a BA Executive Club member, or at -12 hours if you're not but you are registered on the website. You supposedly get a better pick of seats than if you wait until you get to the airport.

Glad you've found your way to this thread.
Old Oct 8, 2003, 2:46 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by fbgdavidson:
6 flights, 11months: 0 x Blue </font>
Liar pants on fire. You got u/g Y to F once, you just did the unthinkable with it!
Old Oct 8, 2003, 3:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Liar pants on fire. You got u/g Y to F once, you just did the unthinkable with it!</font>
I wasnt in the Executive Club then!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.