FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   First 4E/F any good? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/34671-first-4e-f-any-good.html)

Aerotec Oct 7, 2003 12:10 pm

First 4E/F any good?

My friend and I are checked in to 2A/3A for our flight to HKG. I wanted a window as it will offer a nice view for the daylight part of the flight. I might see if I can get 4E?F pre-assigned for the return flight as it is through the night.

What are they like if travelling with someone. Is there a divider or can we easily chat etc.

Hmmm... Rich

whmere Oct 7, 2003 12:16 pm

There's a movable divider that you can lower to chat over. I've never been a fan of the paired middle seats though.

CT-UK Oct 7, 2003 12:16 pm

4 EF are perfect for talking. The divider goes up and down with a button similar to an electric window in a car.

Have a good trip and enjoy F, You will not want to go back to y.

Aerotec Oct 7, 2003 12:20 pm

Can I get my pre-assigned seats changed in HKG on arrival if we like the look of 4EF? I suppose it depends how much time we will spend chatting etc as we willprob want to eat, watch a movie then sleep. Will keep my 2A 3A at present.

McBill Oct 7, 2003 12:30 pm

Rich,

the F seats have a 'guest' seat, across from the main seat. This way you can sit facing eachother for talking or eating. Given this it does not really matter where the 2 of you sit, though 4/5 E&F are indeed good if you want to be able to talk to eachother while sitting in your own seat or watching a movie.
Bill

(edited for typo)

[This message has been edited by McBill (edited 10-07-2003).]

Aerotec Oct 7, 2003 12:35 pm

Cheers Bill,

I did F Jul 02 after a Concorde trip but it was all a bit mad and fast, trying to eat, watch a movie, sleep etc so just dont recall what the 2 where like. Agree with you that we can have dinner together which will be really nice.

BigLar Oct 7, 2003 1:14 pm

Went over last month with my wife in 4E/F. I chose those seats because it was a night flight over and there's not much to see out the window until you get there.

The divider motors up and down, but we didn't really use it. Watched movies, chatted, slept, etc.

For couples, 4E/F and 5E/F are pretty neat.
You can still use the buddy seats for dining.

We were in a 747 - a 777 might be different.

whmere Oct 7, 2003 1:21 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Aerotec:
Can I get my pre-assigned seats changed in HKG on arrival if we like the look of 4EF?</font>
Yes, if there are seats available.

LondonElite Oct 8, 2003 1:51 am

Aerotec

I've sat in just about every F seat except row 5, and I really do prefer row 2. When my wife and I travel together we usually go for 2A and 3A, as you have done.

I find row 1 too cramped. There is a lot of traffic to the front locker which is opened and closed as people take off their clothes and put them back on (when they change into a sleeper suit). Also, row 1 has no overhead bin, so you have to share with 2 or put your things in the locker.

The middle seats are fine for travelling together but you won't have a window, of course.

db7 Oct 8, 2003 10:41 am

Given the time difference it is politeness to fellow passengers to keep the blinds down until perhaps the last hour.

If you want the views take the CX daylight flights.

[This message has been edited by db7 (edited 10-09-2003).]