Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Anyone in NAEC get an Airborne Express package?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2003, 3:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci Gold Class

We were away this weekend. We got back and Airborne Express had delivered a package from the Executive Club to us. We have no idea what it was, as a) Airborne Express delivered it to our doorstep and b) this is Philadelphia, so all that's left is the wrapper.

Anyone know what this might have been? Anyone else get something similar recently? We have no idea what it could be, and the EC is of course closed. If it was of value, we should probably report it stolen...

It came from Plymouth, MN if that helps.
Old Oct 5, 2003, 3:17 pm

On Friday I got a card from NAEC in MN thanking me for flying to three continents with BA this year and advising me I had been given 10,000 bonus miles as a recognition gift. I assume heavier fliers would get better gifts. Perhaps it was part of the same campaign?
Old Oct 5, 2003, 4:54 pm

Programs: BA GfL
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by YYZC2:
On Friday I got a card from NAEC in MN thanking me for flying to three continents with BA this year and advising me I had been given 10,000 bonus miles as a recognition gift. I assume heavier fliers would get better gifts. Perhaps it was part of the same campaign?</font>
Holy Moses! I've flown BA to three continents this year too. Where's my bonus? If I may ask, YYZC2, how many flights/miles did you complete on BA this year?
Old Oct 5, 2003, 5:15 pm

Programs: BA LTG, SQ TPPS, CX DMP, AA EXP, Bonvoy LTT, ALL PLT, Hilton DM
Sometimes they send tickets through Airborne Express.
Old Oct 5, 2003, 5:31 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by travelmad478:
Holy Moses! I've flown BA to three continents this year too. Where's my bonus? If I may ask, YYZC2, how many flights/miles did you complete on BA this year?</font>
I think I'm at ~30 sectors and ~70,000 miles excluding bonuses on BA this year.
Old Oct 6, 2003, 6:40 am
Original Poster

Got some more info: it came from Carlson Marketing Group. This sounds familiar. Anyone?
Old Oct 6, 2003, 11:10 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by whmere:
Got some more info: it came from Carlson Marketing Group. This sounds familiar. Anyone?</font>
Shushssssss

You just let out the BIG military secret.

Carlson Marketing Group is the company hired by British Airways to handle it's North America Executive Club Member Services (excepting flight bookings).

They are located in MN, but when you call they are instructed to make you believe that you are actually calling and speaking with actual British Airways Employees.

I think that your Airborne Express Package contained the latest "enhancements and refinements" just released to a special elite group of BA Executive Club Members

[This message has been edited by zoosh (edited 10-06-2003).]
Old Oct 7, 2003, 5:56 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold (current GGL), HH Diamond
And the package wasn't stolen, it exploded prematurely.

The all knowing and omnipotent Carlson Marketing Group has determined that you are no longer a valued member of the Executive Club, and they plan to refine you from the program.
Old Oct 7, 2003, 7:33 am
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by skippythelizard:
And the package wasn't stolen, it exploded prematurely.

The all knowing and omnipotent Carlson Marketing Group has determined that you are no longer a valued member of the Executive Club, and they plan to refine you from the program.
</font>
Ha Ha. I got a package of my own yesterday. It was a thank you for having flown 4 continents on BA this year (and for the EU EC members who think we in the NAEC never earn miles by actually flying: it was all in paid F). A pair of sterling silver concorde cufflinks. Ha! In yer face!

Still trying to find out what my wife's gift was, so I can at least buy her a replacement .
Old Oct 7, 2003, 7:37 am
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by zoosh:
...when you call they are instructed to make you believe that you are actually calling and speaking with actual British Airways Employees...</font>
Interesting . So the member services reps are from the company that sent the package. When I called member services they said there was no way they could determine what it was I had been sent, and said it must have been air tickets and to call reservations. So much for 'relationship' marketing. Bravo Carlson: left hand, meet right hand. You'd think a company like that would own a CRM wouldn't you?
Old Oct 7, 2003, 8:55 am

That sounds like a nice gesture ... do let us know what you get for them on EBay.

I did the four continents a couple of years back, and they sent me a voucher for 10 quid off on duty free (which seems to be a frequent gesture on their part ... as I've received a couple more since but can't remember the reasoning behind the others). So either of the gifts mentioned on this thread would have been more appreciated.

Of course, I wasn't in paid F ... so I'm sure they've reached their conclusion that I'm not such a valued customer ...
Old Oct 7, 2003, 10:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by skippythelizard:
And the package wasn't stolen, it exploded prematurely. </font>
ROTFL... I'm sure I have one of those coming from BAEC as well. I will open my mail with oven mitts for awhile.

Old Oct 7, 2003, 11:16 am
Original Poster

That sounds like a nice gesture ... do let us know what you get for them on EBay.
</font>

I already wrote to them to say thank you. I'm not selling though. Its as close as I'm ever going to get after they pulled all the award inventory 24 hours before I was due to book.

I wonder if they do one for 5 continents (trip is already booked)? :greedyface:
Old Oct 7, 2003, 12:10 pm
Original Poster

That sounds like a nice gesture</font>
They just made an even nicer gesture! Kudos BA!! Maybe this is the start of the 'improvement'oid in treatment of their premium pax that Merry said would make up for their shafting us on the air miles. If so, they might just get my business back next year!!! (never thought I'd say that, now did you?)
Old Oct 7, 2003, 12:54 pm

So do tell, what was the even nicer gesture?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.