Wiki Posts
Search

LHR Sun 05/10 Long Queues 07.30am

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2003, 1:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Spire Amb, BA Blue
LHR Sun 05/10 Long Queues 07.30am

Back to good old Blighty and massive delays at immigration. Poor old Non EU Passport holders - also T4 to T1 and 2 Connections Buses are even being "stacked" at the Connections Centre!!- we were 4th bus in line to get into the drop off point.

Cheers

Alan and Louise
Old Oct 5, 2003, 3:23 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, MUCCI, Junior Jet Club.
Even us illustrious persons with "Her Britannic Majesty's Secretary of State, requests and requires...." in the inside cover of our passports find it hard to get through Heathrow on a Sunday morning!

From touchdown (T4) to gate (T1) has taken me anything up to 2.5 hours on a Sunday.
Old Oct 5, 2003, 2:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Spire Amb, BA Blue
BAA employee's excuse this time was that all the Noth American traffic had arrived early!!

Alan
Old Oct 5, 2003, 5:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Another reason.... Due to some monumental screw up, landing cards are impossible to find, hence they are being handed out on very few flights and they have run out of them several times this weekend.
Old Oct 5, 2003, 6:50 pm

Programs: LH/BA/DL
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Wudy15:
Poor old Non EU Passport holders.</font>
Well, if they are US paasport holders, it might be well deserved. Let the Americans feel what it can be like. Lines at US immogration for visitors have become longer and longer recently. Even with computer pre-screening and "blue line", waits to enter the US can be painfully long at any time at any given airport (some terminals at JFK, Washington DC and others come to mind.)

The above might be a bit sarcastic, but greeting visitors with long waits doesn't seem right anywhere!
Old Oct 6, 2003, 5:32 am

Programs: BA/BD Gold/IC A/*Wood Gold - Certified BodyCombat and BodyPump Instructor
Which is why I just love my brand new PERMANENT FastTrack pass (i.e. my new British Passport!!!) It was so cool seeing all those Yanks queing up last Friday at T4 whilst I breezed through the EU queue!!
Old Oct 6, 2003, 5:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Greg45:
Well, if they are US paasport holders, it might be well deserved. Let the Americans feel what it can be like. Lines at US immogration for visitors have become longer and longer recently. Even with computer pre-screening and "blue line", waits to enter the US can be painfully long at any time at any given airport (some terminals at JFK, Washington DC and others come to mind.)

The above might be a bit sarcastic, but greeting visitors with long waits doesn't seem right anywhere!
</font>
Last time I went through Dulles I was queuing for over an hour. The groan of a plane loads of SAA, BA and Virgin passengers as they announced the computer system had gone down could probably be heard in West Virginia!
Old Oct 6, 2003, 9:02 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, MUCCI, Junior Jet Club.
Immigration at JFK-T7 was the only "slow" part of my recent Concorde adventure.

As I stood in the queue amongst the hordes of subsonic pax (looking jaded, shattered etc.) I remarked in a very loud voice to a guy I'd met on BA1........"I can't believe there's no Concorde queue...."

Tee hee hee.
Old Oct 6, 2003, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
-

[This message has been edited by fbgdavidson (edited 10-06-2003).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.