Is there a One World / BA lounge @ YVR ?

Old Sep 30, 03, 11:51 pm
Original Poster

Is there a One World / BA lounge @ YVR ?

I remember there being one back when Canadian Airlines was a partner (and still in existance)--and it was an excellent lounge.

I am familiar with the *A lounges @ YVR, but does anyone know what One World folks do, and if they have added anything since the airport renos ?

Thanks..
Old Oct 1, 03, 12:44 am

Programs: AAdv GLD(MM), QF LTS, UA MP_nada, HH Gld, SPG, GoldenCircle Jade
I flew through there on CX and there definitely was a lounge. Pretty sure it was a CX lounge - if not it was BA.
Old Oct 1, 03, 12:52 am
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by alect:
I flew through there on CX and there definitely was a lounge. Pretty sure it was a CX lounge - if not it was BA.</font>

WHat did you think of that lounge ?--what were the facilities like ?

also, do you know where it is in the airport ?
Old Oct 1, 03, 1:15 am
44C

Programs: AA EXP (OW EME), AAirpass
Just checkt the BA website:

http://www.britishairways.com/travel...e/public/en_gb

Click on lounges worldwide.
Old Oct 1, 03, 1:30 am

There is both a CX and a BA lounge at YVR. They aren't open at the same time though. The CX one is open for the afternoon CX departures and the late night CX departure while the BA one is for the 8pm BA departure.

The BA YVR lounge is not a Terraces lounge - kind of small, not much there. No computers, no showers.

It's actually a fairly long walk from the lounge to the BA gate at YVR.
Old Oct 1, 03, 1:36 am
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by keithguy:
There is both a CX and a BA lounge at YVR. They aren't open at the same time though. The CX one is open for the afternoon CX departures and the late night CX departure while the BA one is for the 8pm BA departure.

The BA YVR lounge is not a Terraces lounge - kind of small, not much there. No computers, no showers.

It's actually a fairly long walk from the lounge to the BA gate at YVR.
</font>
NO Computers ?-- You're kidding right ?
Old Oct 1, 03, 1:38 am
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by 44C:
Just checkt the BA website:

http://www.britishairways.com/travel...e/public/en_gb

Click on lounges worldwide.
</font>
Thanks--good link-I'm going to book mark that one
Old Oct 1, 03, 12:49 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by crazy canuck:
NO Computers ?-- You're kidding right ?</font>
Yes, no PCs... a little dark and depessing place I think.

But still way better then sitting in the departure hall... _this_ is a bad sight. Especially for the evening flight when all shops are closed.

Old Oct 1, 03, 12:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by crazy canuck:
NO Computers ?-- You're kidding right ?</font>
Very few lounges in the world have public computers.
Old Oct 1, 03, 1:23 pm

It is a small lounge and they run out of seating relatively early before the the LHR flight. It is not a bad lounge it is just a little small. It is one level above the concourse, immediately after you go through security hang a left and go up one floor in the elevators. BA lounge is at the end of the hall, past CX and the now vacant Korean lounge.
Old Oct 1, 03, 1:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: statusless these days
As others have stated, it is small and basic even though it is a dedicated BA lounge (also used by QF when QF operated into YVR). The only natural light comes from a window by the receptionist's desk IIRC.

I think the only BA lounge with free computer internet access is the LHR T1 one?
Old Oct 1, 03, 5:34 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ScottC:
Very few lounges in the world have public computers. </font>
Seriously? I can name several hundred airport lounges that have free public computers (often just 1 or 2, but there are lots of these lounges), and several lounges that have dozens and probably over 100 free public computers provided ... it all depends where you fly and who you fly with.

Old Oct 1, 03, 5:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by number_6:
Originally posted by ScottC:
Seriously? I can name several hundred airport lounges that have free public computers (often just 1 or 2, but there are lots of these lounges), and several lounges that have dozens and probably over 100 free public computers provided ... it all depends where you fly and who you fly with.

I've never seen 100's of computers in a lounge and to be honest I also can't name 100's of lounges with terminals, even though I've traveled all over the world...

Old Oct 1, 03, 5:42 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ScottC:
That may be the view if you spend a lot of time on BA, but surprisingly many airlines offer free Internet access in their lounges. BA seriously offends me with those stupid pay phones scattered around, even in the Concorde lounge.
Old Oct 1, 03, 9:04 pm
Used to be Sydneysider

Programs: AS MVP/Gold (and 75K aspirant)
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by JohnAx:
BA seriously offends me with those stupid pay phones scattered around, even in the Concorde lounge.</font>
When did this change? Last time I was there (early this year) there were still those two internet machines at the non-gate end of the lounge.

And lots of lounges have computers; hell, even the SEA AC has a free internet machine.

Search this Thread