Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Anyone on board the BA295 diversion last Wednesday?

Old Oct 4, 03, 6:16 am
In Memoriam
Original Poster

Location: Grand Rapids, MI USA UA 1K, AA EXP 1MM, SQ PPS, BA GOLD, Hyatt D, Hertz Plat and AMEX Cent

14 hours from London to Chicago was such a joy, but necessary since a serious medical developed after the crossing had begun - oh well, I had never been to Shannon
Old Oct 4, 03, 1:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP, BA GLD, FT < 30 y
Winter cleaning!

Last edited by CharlesMD; Jan 23, 05 at 6:17 pm
Old Oct 4, 03, 1:52 pm
In Memoriam
Original Poster

Location: Grand Rapids, MI USA UA 1K, AA EXP 1MM, SQ PPS, BA GOLD, Hyatt D, Hertz Plat and AMEX Cent
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by CharlesMD:
Could you provide more details about the emergency? How was it handled by the crew and what cabin were you in? (I know that might be a stupid question!)</font>
Seat 4A -

Heart Attack and generally VERY well handled by the crew. The amusing component was the initial page seeking a Dr. on board. This was followed by a somewhat pointed page 5 minutes later seeking a MEDICAL Dr.!!

Old Oct 4, 03, 4:20 pm

Arrr... There's never any work for us DMDs in flight... It's always the MDs that get the business
Old Oct 4, 03, 5:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by B Watson:
The amusing component was the initial page seeking a Dr. on board. This was followed by a somewhat pointed page 5 minutes later seeking a MEDICAL Dr.!!

</font>
LOL! Reminds me of Friends, 'He's Dr Ross Geller you know, go on son tell them'
Old Oct 4, 03, 6:25 pm

Programs: Mucci Des Oeufs Brouilles et des Canards
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by B Watson:
Seat 4A -

Heart Attack and generally VERY well handled by the crew. The amusing component was the initial page seeking a Dr. on board. This was followed by a somewhat pointed page 5 minutes later seeking a MEDICAL Dr.!!

</font>
Would a Doctor normally check in and appear on the passenger manifest as "Dr"? Or are titles not included? I can understand if a Doctor didn't want it known.
Old Oct 4, 03, 8:51 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP, BA GLD, FT < 30 y
Winter cleaning!

Last edited by CharlesMD; Jan 23, 05 at 6:17 pm
Old Oct 5, 03, 6:06 am
dnw

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by CharlesMD:
They and all the other PhDs are always I'm DOCTOR so and so, but whenever someone is having a heart attack or whatever they usually disappear into the corner of the room.</font>
Rightly so, it is not their field of expertise.

Moreover, perhaps you might consider reserving some of your arrogance until such a time as you have completed a minimum of 3 years advanced research into an origonal topic, rather than having just followed a tuition led course...?

[This message has been edited by dnw (edited 10-05-2003).]
Old Oct 5, 03, 10:49 am

What is a DMD? </font>
You'll find out next time you need a 'root canal'

Old Oct 5, 03, 11:16 am
SK

dnw, I am sure CharlesMD was only being humorous.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by dnw:
Rightly so, it is not their field of expertise.
Moreover, perhaps you might consider reserving some of your arrogance until such a time as you have completed a minimum of 3 years advanced research into an origonal topic, rather than having just followed a tuition led course...?</font>

Search this Thread