Been on Concorde these last weeks? Any gifts?

Old Oct 1, 03, 1:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite Plus (the hard way), AA 3MM (worthless), Hilton Diamond (like everyone else)
Been on Concorde these last weeks? Any gifts?

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has been on Concorde recently and if they're doing anything special in the last weeks. Gifts, special menus, etc.?
Old Oct 2, 03, 6:12 pm

Programs: BA Silver, M&M FT, AA, 9F, HH Silver...
I was on the special flight BA097 LHR-YYZ on 1 Oct, my first and very likely last time. Each received a flight certificate and a commemorative 2004 diary, which they also have for sale in the concorde collection catalogue and online in the gift section of
http://www.ba-concordecollection.com...tw.storefront/

Menus and magazines were free for taking, as were paper concorde shopping bags. Asside from that, many people helpded themselves to 'gifts', see following article: http://www.canada.com/search/story.a...6-f19e61538425

(edited to fix non-working direct link to diary in concorde collection)

[This message has been edited by McBill (edited 10-05-2003).]
Old Oct 4, 03, 2:07 pm

Agree with above. Diary now included in the hand-out pack. Many subsidiary items being taken too, to the slight annoyance of the crew.
Old Oct 4, 03, 4:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; SPGPlat; PCPlat/Amb; HiltonDiamond; CarlsonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesGold
The final issue of the inflight Magazine is a wrap up on Concorde's years of service which makes for a good collector's item. Copies were given out at the YYZ reception the other evening, as we paid our good-byes to BOAG.
Old Oct 4, 03, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by influential:
Agree with above. Diary now included in the hand-out pack. Many subsidiary items being taken too, to the slight annoyance of the crew.</font>
Is this the Smythson diary as handed out prior to the 2000 accident, obviously a 2004 edition though

Good to here BA aren't being cheapskate with the final month

Bad to here passengers are still pilfering stuff they shouldnt
Old Oct 5, 03, 6:12 am

Yes, it's the Smythson one, embossed "Concorde 1976-2003", showing Concorde facts and figures, some London and New York info and then 2004 diary in detail.

For anyone travelling on it in the next few weeks, get your inflight gift order in the second you board the plane as they ran out of virtually everything in the brochure y'day.
Old Oct 5, 03, 6:27 am

Programs: LX SEN, BA GGL/CCR, IC Plat A, HH Dia, Hyatt Glob, Sixt Plat, regularly in FS & RC
By the way, I have a question / petition regarding the latest Concorde inflight magazine. Is there a chance to get one of those "Concorde a celebration 1976-2003" magazines? Anyone got one for spares I can have / buy / beg for? I would be more than grateful! This is one of my most sought after items...
Old Oct 5, 03, 9:42 am

Programs: AAdv GLD(MM), QF LTS, UA MP_nada, HH Gld, SPG, GoldenCircle Jade
Just flew BA002 on Oct 3. We got the diary as described above, and the certificate. The duty-free/concorde collection went fast - I was in 4D and by the time i ordered they had run out of the paper weights - I ordered that to be delivered, but they still did have in stock the key ring and cuff links.

I must comment on how good the crew were - I was expecting a lot of us once in a liftimers getting in their way with photos etc.... as was the case. But the crew, headed by Jerry the Scottish CSD, were impeccable, good humoured and went out of their way to allow people to do as much as possible and see as much as possible. It was Jerry's last concorde flight (after 280 odd) and he was a true champ.
Old Oct 5, 03, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by alect:
The duty-free/concorde collection went fast - I was in 4D and by the time i ordered they had run out of the paper weights</font>
They only carry one paperweight per flight

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by alect:
But the crew, headed by Jerry the Scottish CSD, were impeccable, good humoured and went out of their way to allow people to do as much as possible and see as much as possible. It was Jerry's last concorde flight (after 280 odd) and he was a true champ.</font>
I had Jerry on my flight too last September, he did an excellent job and was the person who I can thank for all the extra Concorde gifts sent to me after my flight. I simply asked for a stationary kit and he said that because they had an unsually high load, 97 yhat day they had run out. He didnt even ask my name or address and by the time I got back to the UK five days later my package was waiting for me. Top service

Search this Thread