Best BA First seating YVR to LHR

Old Oct 2, 2003, 6:10 pm
Original Poster

Best BA First seating YVR to LHR

I'm wondering what the best First Class seat is on this flight--I have an upcoming flight on this route..But not sure if they fly 767 or 747...
Old Oct 2, 2003, 6:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's a 747-400 so any of the threads on this board on "best first seats" will offer heaps of advice.

My personal favourite is 1A or 1K.
Old Oct 2, 2003, 6:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
And from very limited experince, like 2 RTs

Seat 2A
Old Oct 2, 2003, 6:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
The 747 is the best F cabin. I like the enlcosed feel of it not like the 777 and the sort of see where you are going from the window seats

I'm far from the best person to ask, as ScottC says just do a quick search
Old Oct 2, 2003, 8:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
And unless you're a BA GOLD member, those 1A and 1K seats can't be reserved ahead of time.
Old Oct 2, 2003, 10:20 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Guy Betsy:
And unless you're a BA GOLD member, those 1A and 1K seats can't be reserved ahead of time.</font>
Or unless you have an infant who needs the bassinet, and I recognize they may not be reserved as in confirmed or guaranteed but when we have requested them ahead of time with a baby we have always gotten them.

Crazy Canuck I had two flights last week and the week before in first and conincidentally between YVR and LHR (not that it matters). I had 1A on both flights and the downside to 1A is that it is right next to the closet, it is the most private seat except when everyone is getting on board and going to the closet opening and closing it, then it is probably the least private. The closet makes it seem a bit more enclosed which may be good or bad depnding on your preference. I think 2A or 2K is a good compromise between privacy and space.
Old Oct 2, 2003, 10:53 pm
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by BigKing:
Or unless you have an infant who needs the bassinet, and I recognize they may not be reserved as in confirmed or guaranteed but when we have requested them ahead of time with a baby we have always gotten them.

Crazy Canuck I had two flights last week and the week before in first and conincidentally between YVR and LHR (not that it matters). I had 1A on both flights and the downside to 1A is that it is right next to the closet, it is the most private seat except when everyone is getting on board and going to the closet opening and closing it, then it is probably the least private. The closet makes it seem a bit more enclosed which may be good or bad depnding on your preference. I think 2A or 2K is a good compromise between privacy and space.
</font>
I was looking @ a seat map, and the closet looks like it's behind 5a?--or am I looking at the wrong metal ?
Old Oct 2, 2003, 11:45 pm

Programs: Sir CT-UK - Streaker pour les autres.
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by crazy canuck:
I was looking @ a seat map, and the closet looks like it's behind 5a?--or am I looking at the wrong metal ?</font>
By Closet we are talking about the wardrobe at the front.The toilet (closet) is behind 5A.

Again just use the search function this topic has been talked about lots.
Old Oct 2, 2003, 11:57 pm
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by CT-UK:
By Closet we are talking about the wardrobe at the front.The toilet (closet) is behind 5A.

Again just use the search function this topic has been talked about lots.
</font>
Ahh--I see, & thanks
Old Oct 3, 2003, 2:14 am

Programs: BA Blue. 19695 Lifetime TPs

2A

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.