Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Club World to EDI????

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2003, 3:47 pm
Original Poster

Club World to EDI????

Very odd situation - I booked a flight up to EDI from LCY today with our corp travel agent, on a corp economy fare. Just checked the "review my bookings option" on ba.com, to find the following:

Flight No: BA4206 (Confirmed)
Operated By: SUBSIDIARY/FRANCHISE
Departing: (xx) November 2003 at 16:20
Arriving: (xx) November 2003 at 17:45
Flight Cabin: Club World

Is this a new offering to EDI? I'm looking forward to a flat bed, and all the other delights of J class travel...........

Or is it just the case that ba.com gets confused by the new use of J as a UK Dom code?

My return trip (same fare class) to LHR correctly shows up as "Flight Cabin: Shuttle".

All very strange!
Old Sep 24, 2003, 3:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
though I know as much about fare classes as I do about the coefficents of linear expansion I'd guess it got confused with the new J class booking fare on Domestic routes.

Anyways enjoy your flat bed and to blag a seat on the upper deck
Old Sep 24, 2003, 3:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Shuttle-Bored:
Is this a new offering to EDI? I'm looking forward to a flat bed, and all the other delights of J class travel...........</font>
Old Sep 24, 2003, 3:53 pm

Programs: Sir CT-UK - Streaker pour les autres.
These flat beds to EDI may prove a bit embarassing for your average kilt wearing man. He would need to put the privacy screen up to hide his manhood from his seat buddy

Old Sep 24, 2003, 4:00 pm
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Anyways enjoy your flat bed and to blag a seat on the upper deck </font>
I think the upper deck of an Avro RJ could be quite interesting!

Intriguingly, the BA timetable shows:
Flight BA 4206 (Non smoking)
Operated by British Airways Citiexpress
Departing from City Airport (London)
XXNOV2003 at 16:20
Arriving at Edinburgh
XXNOV2003 at 17:45
Stops None
Total journey time 01 hour 25 minutes
Aircraft type AR1
Class of service Club
Club
Traveller

I'm looking forward to this! I suppose a Cabin Bonus is out of the question....

[This message has been edited by Shuttle-Bored (edited 09-24-2003).]
Old Sep 24, 2003, 4:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, seems like a typical fare code screwup where they haven't updated the descriptions yet.
Old Sep 24, 2003, 4:50 pm

Programs: BA Silver, HHonours Gold, Mucci of Pucci, Oyster Card, Nectar Card, Father's Day Card
They haven't updated the descriptions yet.

J is now the code for fully flexible UK Dom.

In the past Amedeus etc held:

J - Club World Class
C - Club except UK Dom Class
D - Club except UK Dom Class
I - Club except UK Dom Class

They need to change the description of J accordingly.
Old Sep 24, 2003, 6:54 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by CT-UK:
These flat beds to EDI may prove a bit embarassing for your average kilt wearing man. He would need to put the privacy screen up to hide his manhood from his seat buddy

</font>
Thanks for the information...

Living, over the Pond, here in the New World, I always wanted to know what a Scotsman wears under his kilt!

By the way - now that I have added many "British English" words and phrases to my vocabulary (as in 'he's a little ......') do the Scots speak differently then the Brethren living in London?

"zoosh"
Old Sep 24, 2003, 8:17 pm

Programs: AA 3MM
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by zoosh:
..Living, over the Pond, here in the New World, I always wanted to know what a Scotsman wears under his kilt! Nothing but the natural self-confidence of our people
By the way - now that I have added many "British English" words and phrases to my vocabulary (as in 'he's a little ......') do the Scots speak differently then the Brethren living in London?
"zoosh"
</font>
Aye, sure we dae, huv ye no read Trainspotting, ken ?

Old Sep 25, 2003, 3:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
Or indeed Iain (M?) Banks, Feersum Enjin (sp?) where half the book is written in phonetic Scots.

A dinnae ken whit he wis talking boot!

Just as an example, one of the translations into Scottish of ......s would be eijit - although it doesn't have quite the rude connotation that ...... does, so socially more acceptable, but then no-one knows what you are talking about.
Old Sep 25, 2003, 7:29 am

Programs: LH au VS au BMI au
dunno - would be funny to see a 777 land at LCY from my flat - they may land it, but it would need to be floated away
Old Sep 25, 2003, 8:54 am

Programs: Still a lowly Blue with BA but inching towards Bronze. Managed to get to KLM Silver!
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Jenbel:
Or indeed Iain (M?) Banks</font>
Iain M Banks - When he is writing Sci-fi.
Iain Banks - When he is writing fantastic books like Whit, The Business, Crow Road, etc.

------------------
Gaza's oneworld & Star Alliance Round the World Information Pages - www.rtw-info.co.uk
Old Sep 25, 2003, 1:06 pm

Programs: AA 3MM
Aye, and just read Iain Banks' latest, "Dead Air"...magic book, ra dugs baws, as we say in "Embra", eh Gaza ?

Oh, and Ian Rankin's no three bad either..

(TomCayman signing off, but desperately trying to stay in the Pucci school of BA board posting and stay as OT as possible !)
Old Sep 26, 2003, 3:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Gaza:
Iain M Banks - When he is writing Sci-fi.
Iain Banks - When he is writing fantastic books like Whit, The Business, Crow Road, etc.

</font>
Thanks - read both, can never remember which way round he is! So it was Iain M Banks then - his sci fi is pretty fantastic too.

Family keep raving about Ian Rankin, on my to-read list!
Old Sep 26, 2003, 5:19 am

Programs: BA
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by zoosh:
... I always wanted to know what a Scotsman wears under his kilt!...</font>
zoosh:

The standard discussion goes like this:

American lady: "Tell me, sir, is anything worn under the kilt?"

Scotsman: "Nae, missus, it's all in perfect working order".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.