WT+ & Mileage Upgrade = Ineligible Flight!

Old Oct 2, 03, 7:28 am
Original Poster

WT+ & Mileage Upgrade = Ineligible Flight!

Last week I did an IAD-LHR-IAD booked in WT+ (T) and used miles for upgrade. I was expecting the WT+ miles and tier points, both journeys have appeared as Ineligible i.e.

21-Sep-03 Ineligible flight - DULLES WAS - HEATHROW LON J/U BA222

I spoke with BAEC in NA and they said that the system can't cope with this yet and will be manually done. Any one else found this and length of time to 'alter'?

Cheers
Old Oct 2, 03, 7:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by DCBritboy:
Last week I did an IAD-LHR-IAD booked in WT+ (T) and used miles for upgrade. I was expecting the WT+ miles and tier points, both journeys have appeared as Ineligible i.e.

21-Sep-03 Ineligible flight - DULLES WAS - HEATHROW LON J/U BA222

I spoke with BAEC in NA and they said that the system can't cope with this yet and will be manually done. Any one else found this and length of time to 'alter'?

Cheers
</font>
I am doing this exact itinerary at Xmas except originating in London, I am hoping to get Silver, but will only get it if my WT+-J upgrade flight gets points
Old Oct 2, 03, 7:39 am
C

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold
I've done that and certainly got my points (for WT+ obviously, not J) - but don't remember any classifications terms.
Old Oct 2, 03, 8:09 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold (current GGL), HH Diamond
I did one of these upgrades in July on the same route (booked just after the new rules kicked in), and it posted as J/T with tier points and miles.

Mine was booked on-line directly through the BA web site, and it was an e-ticket. (I was going to go paper to see what the booking codes were on the ticket, but I booked 3 days before the flight and was already out of town at the time of booking, so I was going to have a problem receiving a paper ticket.)

By contrast, I was on a T booking back in February during the blizzard. As flights kept getting cancelled, at one point the flight I wanted to be rescheduled for was already full. I asked the agent if I could go out of PHL instead ... he said that wasn't possible with my ticket, but since I was a gold, he would upgrade me to get me on the flight I wanted.

When that flight posted, it posted as J/U. I contacted BA several times, and was told that there was a system error that was preventing the points from being credited correctly. Just after July 1, the flight got credited, but I think it was a manual adjustment, and the system never got fixed (my account still shows the ineligible flight, and then there is another entry with the same flight number on the same date, leaving from a different city from which the flight doesn't actually operate, where I do receive points and miles).

So it might take a while for an adjustment, and I would suggest a periodic follow-up.

In years past, when something strange would happen like this, I used to get adjustments by the next day. But then again, I used to have over 5000 tier points a year, and these days I barely requalify for gold.

Search this Thread