Clarification re "End of Year" in EC

Old Oct 1, 2003, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
Clarification re "End of Year" in EC

Can someone please clarify the following...

If the end of year in the EC is 8th May 2004, does that mean all flights made up until that day will count towards the status for the following year? I recall a while back (when I was last in contention for a Silver card) that you had to complete the flights two months before the year end date...

Thanks

Tony

(oh, have also found a way to get 400 tier points for Ł1000 to Ł1400.... Is that good?)
Old Oct 1, 2003, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Swiss Tony:
oh, have also found a way to get 400 tier points for Ł1000 to Ł1400.... Is that good?</font>
Yes, it is. Spill the Heinz 57 immediately, please Is it I fares though?

And AFAIK if your EC year ends 1st Jan then flights up to that date count towards your tier point total

Old Oct 1, 2003, 2:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Finnair consolidator fares from the UK to Hong Kong run at Ł1000 to Ł1400. Break the journey in BKK both ways, and you get 40+120+40 each way..... Check something like www.airnet.co.uk

fbg - Not sure about your Year End comment. My y/e is February, but Mrs Swiss has hers in May. Can anyone clarify this?
Old Oct 1, 2003, 2:41 pm

Programs: BA/VS Gold, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond
There are two dates, the membership year end and the card expiration date. Any flight taken on or before the year end date will count towards status. The Silver and Gold cards expire two months after that date, giving some time for BA to process your info and send you a new card.
Old Oct 1, 2003, 3:01 pm
dnw

Or just take an F trip ex-Portugal... 440 tier points for €2000 (Ł1400)
Old Oct 1, 2003, 3:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Markonen:
There are two dates, the membership year end and the card expiration date. Any flight taken on or before the year end date will count towards status. The Silver and Gold cards expire two months after that date, giving some time for BA to process your info and send you a new card.</font>
Excellent - just what I was after.

Thanks
Old Oct 1, 2003, 5:26 pm

Programs: AA-EXP (1.7MM), BA-Slvr, HH-Diamond
AA has the best deals.

I've seen ATL-ORD-EWR last year for $590 in A. That would net you 240 points. Do it twice for $1180 and 480 points.

Two weeks ago nearly choked when I saw LAS-LAX-SFO for $462 in A for 240 points. Last year the same they had it on sale for $590.
Old Oct 1, 2003, 6:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Sorry, Swiss I made a right hash of that
Old Oct 2, 2003, 6:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Many thanks all for your tier point earning comments. What I particularly like about the AY one is that we &lt;i&gt;need&lt;/i&gt; to go to Thailand and HKG next year (but that's not really in the spirit of FT, is it?). I guess 5 I class returns to MRS would do the trick too, probably for slightly less, but who wants to go to MRS five times???

fbg - no problems re the mis-information. I'm sure if i'd done a search, it was probably there in the first place.

[This message has been edited by Swiss Tony (edited 10-02-2003).]

[This message has been edited by Swiss Tony (edited 10-02-2003).]

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.