Morons at BA.com

Old Sep 29, 03, 1:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF Platinum (OW Emerald); QF Lifestime Silver; BD Diamond Club Gold (*A Gold)
Morons at BA.com

Three times I've asked the same question by email and three times I've received variations of the same reply.

It's like Groundhog Day with a cast of fools...

Q. When is the current version of the .pdf format worldwide timetable going to be updated, as it expires on 25th October 2003?

A(1). Yes we do have a .pdf version of the timetable which can be found with all of our timetables at ba.com

A(2). British Airways' online timetable offers a complete listing of scheduled flights for British Airways. It can be found at http://www.britishairways.com/flightTimetable.servlet

A(3). We're pleased to offer a complete listing of all of our routes on our e-timetable page. Please go to http://www.britishairways.com/travel.../public/en_gb. Next time you have a question, simply go to http://www.ba.com/askba
Old Sep 29, 03, 2:21 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, MUCCI, Junior Jet Club.
Aren't these just BA-speak variations on "we don't know"??
Old Sep 29, 03, 4:38 am

...sounds like either the people replying to your email don't read your question properly or don't understand your question or they don't know the answer (and, rather than admitting it, would prefer to make you look thick...).

To be honest I would guess that they don't understand the question - although, your question seems very simple to me...

Boo
Old Sep 29, 03, 5:54 am

Programs: BA/VS Gold, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond
Or you could be talking to a malfunctioning Protocol Droid.
Old Sep 29, 03, 6:09 am

Programs: BA Gold
I think you are talking to Delhi!
Old Sep 29, 03, 6:54 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by BA Loyal:
I think you are talking to Delhi!</font>
I thought that BA discontinued the All Day Deli Bag!
Old Sep 29, 03, 7:05 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, MUCCI, Junior Jet Club.
No, the All Day Deli Bag is still available to answer all your queries via BA.com......
Old Sep 29, 03, 8:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF Platinum (OW Emerald); QF Lifestime Silver; BD Diamond Club Gold (*A Gold)
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by BA Loyal:
I think you are talking to Delhi!</font>
Don't know about the geography of my new correspondence friends, but they all have very English names like Sharon and Roger

Old Sep 29, 03, 8:45 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by virtualtroy:
Don't know about the geography of my new correspondence friends, but they all have very English names like Sharon and Roger
</font>
Are, that's where you could be wrong.... I read a magazine artical about "call centres" for British companies in India. It said that the people working at the call centre were given British names to make them sound more British to the British callers. The employees at the call centre are also given daily bulletins about British weather, news and even British soaps to allow them to make "small talk" to their British customers...

It was an interesting artical...

Boo

Old Sep 29, 03, 11:42 am

I also have found Ask BA to be useless. It is located in India and some of the folks there do use "English/American" names. I've talked to other call centers in India (HP for one) and reps have told me they used American names because it makes people think they are talking to some one in the U.S. Ask BA is incapable of understanding the most basic question and they reply with answers that I swear are copied out of a manual. I've complained about this (and several other things) to Customer Service in the U.S. and got a postcard back with a number on it telling me my concerns will be addressed soon (that was 3 weeks ago) and that if I needed to be in touch I could reference the number on the post card. Basically, I do not think BA has a clue what customer service even means anymore.
Old Oct 1, 03, 1:13 am
Suspended

As ever, I think Dilbert best sums up this moronic outsourcing situation:

http://www.dilbert.com/comics/dilber...-20030925.html

Search this Thread